Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Secret Name Games.

Rachel:

We need to get there.

"Drive faster!" I yell at Max as we drive towards the school.

"I'm going 10 over! If I go any faster we'll get pulled over!" He yells back.

Pulled over my ass! I look ahead of me and focus in on the kids surrounding the school. It's 3:00 pm. We have a friend in the offices that can get us the footage from the school. I hope this is even legal. If it's not, I dont even care..

We park in the circle behind the bus and I jump out instantly. I clentch my fists and feel my nails digging into my palm.

Max stands next to me, holding my lower back which calms me down. It always has.

I walk into the doors. Anxiety fills my chest and it's suddenly hard to breathe. We walk into the office to the right and sit down.

This is the place Carter was kidnapped. The place where her entire world crashed from under her. This is where she stood, thinking Max was here but soon found it to not be her father at all. She had no clue, no idea that it wasnt. All she thought is she was leaving school-

My thoughts are inturrupted by someone walking towards us.

"Hi, how may I help you today?" The woman asks.

"Oh- um-" I seem to stutter over my own words. I'm forming the sentences in my head, but there seems to be a blockage when the words try to go down my throat.

"We're looking for Ms. Linny, please." Max smiles. Even though it's all fake. I can easily tell, whenever he smiles theres always that sparkle in his eyes and that tone in his voice that instantly proves he's happy. Ever since what happened, that's no longer a thing.,

The woman leaves the room and Ms. Linny comes out. An instant sigh of relief as she walks out. I open my arms to her and she does the same. I feel tears in my eyes but I know I cannot cry anymore.

She already knows the story. We told her everything the other day.

"Please, come." She says worried.

We follow her into a room with a lot of wires. Looks like the offices at home.

She pulls two chairs up and pats them as she sits down.

One step closer to finding Carter... Let's look at these and find where she is, and who took her..

She rewinds the videos very fast and gets to a time where Carter walks in.

She's so suspicious why her dad wont talk to her, and yet she is still clueless.

I see the mans grip on her become tighter as she flinches a little.
"Transfer them over to the parking lot." Max asks bluntly.

Ms. Linny nods and clicks the arrow in the corner of the screen. We see them walking out and Carter looking back at the school. As she arrives to the unusual car, she seems strange about whats happening. The man lets her jump in front and he runs around to the drivers seat.

We still havent seen this mans face.

Suddenly I see the fear in Carters eyes. Oh no. She notices this isnt Max. I can see her struggling to open the door and yelling at him.

They start to drive, but we transfer cameras to the street ones.

At this point I see her hands go for the wheel, she's smart. We transfer again.

At this point I notice I'm yelling at the screen. As I see a gun to her head, barley noticeable. At this point, they no longer have access to the cameras.

"Oh jesus." Ms. Linny states.

"My baby." I yell.

"Rachel we need to call the cops." Max says to me, trying to stay calm.
How is he this calm. HIS DAUGHTER HAS A GUN TO HER HEAD. And she could be being used right now! Oh no.

I shove my face into the palms of my hands. These thoughts, I hate them. I need to wake up from this dream. Someone wake me up before I die.

I look back up at Ms. Linny who is still in shock at this point.

I need to get home. Home to where I can think.

"I'm printing these times and giving you a DVD of this tape. You need it.." Ms. Linny says, obviously sad and confused.

I too am confused. This is the schools fault for not checking ID thoroughly.
I'm going to sue this fucking place of all it's got.

"We need to go," I say getting up. "Almost done with those?" I ask.

"Done." She replies. She is such a huge help oh my god.

I take them and hug Ms. Linny again. She doesnt know how much she just helped.

We wave bye to her and thank her over and over.

We quickly leave the school and head to the car. I hold Max's hand for comfort.

We get into the warm car, without saying anything. No music, no AC, and no Carter...

"Our baby had a gun to her head." I stop as tears fill my eyes. "She's probably scared shitless right now."

Max grips the wheel, and his knuckles turn white. I take his hand in mine and cry. My heavy sobs can be heard throughout the car, but I hear Max's too.

--Time skip; Home

"We need to do something with these!" I yell through my shaking sobs. "We need to see this fuckers face!" I yell in anger while throwing the phone to the floor.

I continue to sob as Max watches the videos closley, holding a stress ball.

Everytime Carter notices the situation in the video, he crys more and squeezes the stress ball.

I suddenly feel my phone buzz, but ignore it.

"We need to call the cops." Max says.
I lightly nod.

We have enough evidence and could easily go to-

My blood runs cold, as I read the phone through my tears.

Private Number:
It just wouldnt seem fair if I didnt say; If you call the police. Well, lets start this off with your plan. You will tell the cops, an amber alert goes out, I get it, and make a plan. Ive already made a plan. If I find you've called the cops? Carter is dead.

Have a fun time.
-|>\