CHAPTER THREE- TWO HOURS

Mackenzie looked at Julia's dead cold body. "This isn't possible!" She screamed. Hailey bent down next Mackenzie. "...Jackson did this..." Hailey said. Mackenzie looked down at the ground to see her tears making a small puddle. "...Wait... 'Jackson'" Joe said. "...Yeah why?" Hailey said. "...I thought he was one of your friends..." Joe said. "We all thought he was..." Mackenzie said. Joe turned around to see how his group was reacting to all this. "Man, why'd you bring us here!" Latisha said to Joe. "I didn't know!" Joe said. "Who's outta here with me?" Latisha yelled out. "Come on guys! Let's give them a second chance! It's not like they knew this was gonna happen!" Joe said. "...That's true." Emma said.

"Really Emma! You wanna stay here!" Blake said to Emma. "What if you lived here! It's not like you knew that you were living with a future murderer." Emma said. "Ugh!" Blake sighed. "Im outta here!" Latisha said as she grabbed her backpack and started to walk out. "Are you kidding me! If anything it's more safe in here than out there! Jackson is out somewhere in that city, and there are risers! You aren't gonna stand a chance out there, Latisha!" Joe yelled as he tried to stop her from leaving. "You saying I can't survive out there!" Latisha snapped at Joe. "No... I'm just trying to keep the group together..." Joe said. Latisha walked over to a chair and sat down in it. "Thank you..." Joe said as he knew Latisha wouldn't leave.

Charlotte walked over to Mackenzie and Hailey. "Are you girls ok?" She asked them. "...I'm ok---" Mackenzie started to say but then bursted into tears. Hailey hugged her tighter and Mackenzie hugged her back. "We're all gonna miss her..." Hailey said to Mackenzie. "It's not gonna be the same without her! She was like a sister to me..." Mackenzie said through the tears that stung her eyes. Izzy came up behind Charlotte. Charlotte turned around and bent down to Izzy. Charlotte touched Izzy's face and saw tears in the corners of her eyes. "What happened!" Izzy said as her soft cry turned into a wail. Charlotte hugged Izzy tightly. "You don't have to worry about it Izzy. We're gonna protect you!" Charlotte said as she started to cry too.

Luke sat in the bed and heard Charlotte talking to Izzy. He missed the days that Charlotte would give him hugs and tell him that everything would work out. Luke looked down at his hands as he listened to Charlotte and Izzy hugging and crying. Luke heard footsteps start to walk into the room. He looked up and saw Brandon standing in the doorway. "You ok there?" Brandon asked Luke. "Uh...Yeah I'm fine..." Luke said. "What happened...?" Luke asked even though he already heard. "...Jackson got out..." Brandon said avoiding the topic of Julia's death. "My dad left didn't he?" Luke said. "Yeah he did... But he's trying to find Jackson..." Brandon said to Luke. Luke cringed as he heard the loud crying in the background.

It was two hours after Julia died, and two hours after Jackson left. Mackenzie and Hailey had stopped crying. Charlotte had gone back to her everyday routine of brushing Izzy's hair. Emma looked down at her wedding ring on her left hand. She took it off and rubbed it between her fingers. "Emma, it's gonna be ok." Blake said to Emma. "I know... Sometimes I just...worry I guess." Emma said. "Like...about what?" Blake asked her. "It's been about 2 weeks since this happened. I'm starting to wonder if it's ever gonna be the way it used to be." Emma said. "Oh ... Of course it will be. I bet they are working on finding a cure right this second." Blake said to Emma. Emma smiled at him. "You really think so?" She said. "I know so." Blake said. "You think mom and dad are safe?" Emma asked. "...Yeah..." Blake said. Deep down inside something told Blake that they were already gone.

Latisha walked over to Emma and Blake. Latisha took one look at the small bag of chips in Emma's hand. "You gonna eat that?" Latisha asked Emma. "Oh... No, you can have them." Emma said to Latisha as she handed her the bag of chips. Latisha plopped herself down in a chair between Emma and Blake. Blake wanted to start laughing at the sound of Latisha eating the chips. Emma looked over at him like 'Just don't'. "So what do y'all think of this place... I'm not sure I like. They got crazy chainsaw murders on the loose." Latisha said. "Yeah, I don't wanna wake up missing a leg or something." Emma said. "But... It's ok... It's better than that old empty storage building we were all crammed in before." Emma said. "True girl." Latisha said to Emma. Blake laughed a little at that. Latisha hit him in the arm. "What you laughing at? Don't worry I'm gonna save some chips for you all." Latisha said.

Emma looked around the room. She watched as Mackenzie held Julia's hand from the arm that was still attached to her body. Even though Emma never knew Julia, it was disturbing for her to think about how she was just alive and happy two hours ago. Emma heard something drop from the room that looked like a small prison cell. "I'll be back guys." Emma said to Blake and Latisha. "...So, the weather has been nice lately..." Emma heard Blake say as she walked away. Emma walked into the room and saw Luke trying to pick up something off the floor. "You need help with that?" Emma laughed as she saw what he was trying to pick up. "Uh... I can do it..." Luke said. Emma picked up the half eaten kit kat bar and handed it to him. "Oh...Thanks..." Luke said as he put it away. "You might wanna eat that before my friend Latisha finds out about it." Emma said. "Oh... ok... Is that one of the new people... I mean one of the people from your group?" Luke asked her. "Yeah, I guess so." Emma said.