CHAPTER ELEVEN-THE UPPER HAND

It was the longest day of my life, and the worst. It was around 6:00 now. I had told Luke about the plan and now I needed to tell John. "John I had a plan...I just didn't tell you for some reason. I was set back when you told me about the other building." I said to John. "Ok...what's the plan stan?" John said laughing a little. I didn't laugh which immediately told him that this wasn't funny to me. "We're gonna attack them before they attack us...you, me, Becky, Joe and some people from Joe's group." I said seriously. "Woah..really?" John asked. "Yeah, it's gonna happen. We're gonna attack their other building and take them by surprise. That way we have the upperhand." I said. John looked at the ground as he slowly processed all of this.

"Alright..." John said. "We'll leave tonight." I said. John nodded. "Tell Becky, ok?" I said. "Will do." John said as he walked away to tell Becky about the new plan. I walked inside and saw Joe talking to a few of his group members. "Joe. We got a plan." I said. Joe nodded for me to tell him the plan. "We're gonna attack Taha's group, tonight. They have two buildings. We're gonna attack the one farthest from the cemetery. You in on this?" I asked him. Joe held out his hand. I shaked his handed. "I'm in." Joe said. Blake looked at us. "Can I come? I wanna help." Blake said. "Excuse me but I'm not sure we've met..." I said. "This is Blake, Emma's brother." Joe quickly piped in before I could say anything mildly rude to offend Blake. Blake held out his hand. "Nice to meet you Blake." I said laughing a little. "You too sir..." Blake said. "Call me Aaron, please." I said laughing a little. Blake nodded and smiled.

"I heard about your plan." Charlotte said. "Yeah, ...I'm pretty nervous about it actually." I said to her. She walked over to me and held my hand. "You'll be great..." She said as she looked me in the eyes. "Be safe, Aaron, I need you here. We need you here." She said. "I will be, don't worry Charlotte." I said as I pulled her closer and kissed her. "I don't know what got into me. I'll never be like that again, I promise you." Charlotte whispered to me. "I know Charlotte, and I forgive you. Everything felt off without you in my life, I'm glad we're on the same page again." I said as I smiled. "I don't know what I would do if you didn't come back tonight...it worries me." Charlotte said.

"Don't be worried, I'm coming back, ok?" I said. Charlotte nodded. "To tell the truth, I'm worried about the day I lose you, wether my life or yours, it scares me." I said to Charlotte. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and hugged me tightly. I hugged her tightly too. Charlotte and I had been through some hard times, but I wasn't going to let that stop the feeling I had for her. Charlotte was the girl I fell in love with. "I love you Charlotte." I said to her. "I love you too, you're everything to me, you're my world." Charlotte said to me. Charlotte and Luke were the only things that mattered to me anymore, they were the only true family I had left.

"You wanna try to walk, Luke?" Mackenzie asked Luke. "Yeah!" Luke said. Luke sat up straight up in bed. He was excited to be able to try to walk again. It had felt like forever since he could walk. Mackenzie walked over to Luke's bed. Mackenzie took Luke's hands and helped him up. "How's it feel to be on your feet again?" Mackenzie said laughing. "Pretty good I guess." Luke said as his left foot slipped. "Change that to not so good." Luke said laughing. Mackenzie laughed. "It'll be ok, after a while you'll be able to walk on your own in no time." Mackenzie said. "Are you going to attack Taha's place tonight?" Luke asked Mackenzie. "Oh no, I have to watch you! And if you haven't noticed I can barely shoot!" Mackenzie said as she laughed. Luke laughed. "My dad is going." Luke said. "Of course dad is going, he's the leader." Mackenzie said. "Really? I just never thought of my dad as a leader." Luke said. "And I never thought of myself as a doctor!" Mackenzie said laughing a little.

Brandon and Hailey were hanging out in the control room tower where Julia had died the other day. "Hey Hailey, I think I should go tonight, I need to help." Brandon said to Hailey. "No, you should stay here. Everyone is going to attack tonight, and I mean everyone. You need to be here." Hailey said. "Ok, I'll stay. For you!" Brandon said as he looked at Hailey and laughed. Hailey kissed his cheek and started to walk away. Brandon touched her waist and pulled her in closer to him and kissed her. Hailey touched his face and kissed him back. Brandon touched held her hand. "Everything is gonna be ok as long as I have you Hailey." Brandon said as he smiled and kissed her. "Everything will be ok as long as we have each other." Hailey said as she smiled. Brandon kissed her and then shut the door to the control room.