CHAPTER FIFTEEN-THE TOUCH OF A HAND

Luke grabbed his gun and held it between his hands. He had never been so afraid before. He got on the floor thinking that maybe he could hide under the bed. Where was Charlotte? Luke could hear the screams outside. He heard gunshots and the footsteps of the intruders walking in. Luke got on the ground and held the walkie talkie. "...Dad!..." Luke said into the walkie talkie. Luke looked up to see a man standing in the doorway. Luke turned the walkie talkie off. The man slowly took one step closer into the room and revealed himself. Luke sat with his knees to his chest and tried to hide the gun in between his legs so that if he needed to shoot, he could. "I see yo' gun." Dajaun said in an intimidating voice.

John, Becky, Joe, and I got out of the car. Blake stayed with Camila to make sure she was ok. We saw the bus that Taha had taken his men to attack us in. I looked at the department. There was smoke coming from the other side of the building. "Luke!" I screamed. I couldn't help but to scream as loud as I could. What if Luke or Charlotte had died? We ran into the building. It was like walking to my worst nightmare. There was blood and dead people all over the place. "Luke!" I screamed as I tried to find him. I ran into the small jail cell to find no one there. "No!" I screamed. I stared at the empty bed and empty room.

Just before I could turn around, I felt someone touch my shoulder. I turned around to see a foggy image of a person standing right behind me. The smoke was blocking their face. But all I saw was a hand hold up a gun and point it at me. "Turn around and face the wall." The person said in a low voice.