CHAPTER FOURTEEN-INTRUDERS

3 hours earlier

"It'll be ok Luke, your dad will come back." Mackenzie said to Luke. "I know...I just feel so stupid, I never thought that the apocalypse would mean fighting with other people..." Luke said. "None of us thought it would be like this..." Mackenzie told Luke. "What's going on guys?" Hailey said as she walked into the room. "Nothing much." Mackenzie said. "Here take this, it's a painkiller." Mackenzie said to Luke. "Another one of these!" Luke said as he laughed. "Hey! You're the one complaining about your back!" Mackenzie said laughing. "I know! I know!" Luke said before he swallowed the pill. "I'm surprised you know all this, we didn't even finish high school." Hailey said. "Well my mom, she was a nurse. She would tell me everything from giving an IV from how to give some stitches." Mackenzie said. "That's cool, maybe you could show me sometime, you never know when it will come in handy." Hailey said smiling. "Yeah, I'd be glad to show you. Hey Luke, hand me your arm." Mackenzie said as she grabbed a knife. "What the!?" Luke said. "No! I'm just kidding!" Mackenzie said laughing. "Thank goodness. I wasn't about to let you just cut my arm to show Hailey how to give stitches!" Luke said. Hailey laughed.

"You gonna finish that, Emma?" Latisha asked Emma. "No, you can have it." Emma said as she handed Latisha the gatorade. Latisha looked at Emma. "Girl, you look sad? Everything ok?" Latisha asked Emma. "Yeah I'm fine...I'm just thinking about him again...What if he's dead, what if never get to see him again?" Emma said. "Don't worry Emma! He's probably out there right now looking for you." Latisha said. "You really think so?" Emma asked Latisha. "Girl, when have I ever been wrong?" Latisha said laughing. "Many times!" Emma said. "Well then forget about all those times, I know I'm right about this!" Latisha said. "Oh ok! I'll trust you this time." Emma said smiling. Emma really knew that the man she loved was dead.

Hailey and Mackenzie walked out of Luke's room. Charlotte walked in. "How's everything going Luke?" Charlotte said smiling. "Good, mom." Luke said. "I'm worried about dad." Luke said as he held the walkie talkie in his hands. "I know, I am too. But he'll be ok. He'll be back." Charlotte said. "Ok." Luke said as he fiddled with the walkie talkie more. "You're getting pretty good at that thing, aren't you?" Charlotte asked. d"Yeah I guess so." Luke answered. "I haven't been able to make contact with dad though...that's why I'm worried..." Luke said. "Your dad is busy right now, but I promise you everything is ok..." Charlotte said smiling. Luke smiled a little and went back to messing with the buttons on the walkie talkie.

Just as Charlotte got up to leave, everyone heard the loud noises coming from outside. "You stay here, Luke...I'll be back..." Charlotte said as she walked out of the room to find out what was going on. Charlotte, Mackenzie, Hailey, and Brandon all crowded at the windows to see what was going on. None of them actually knew what Taha's group looked like. But when they saw a man turn around with gold chains and a gun they knew it was Taha and his group. "...Oh shit..." Brandon mumbled. "What's going on!" A man from Joe's group said. "Come on guys! We have to fight them, we have to put an end to this!" Brandon said. Then the loudest noise went off that they had ever heard. Walls exploded, dust filled the air, it was a nightmare. Everyone fell to the ground. Brandon looked towards the wall that had been blown down, he saw silhouettes of Taha and his men slowly walking into the FBI department. It was no longer a safe center any more. Instead of standing up to fight, everyone hid behind the walls still standing. Taha slowly strolled in like he did this everyday and it was just part of his routine now.