CHAPTER SIX- 5 DAYS FROM NOW

"Man! You really gonna let dem get outta dis that easy!" Dajaun said to Taha. "Relax..." Taha said as he turned around showing his yellow teeth with gold fillings. "It's all gonna work out amigos. We're gonna get what's ours!" Taha said. "We coulda killed dem assholes! Why didn't we!?" Rodriguez asked. "There's something special about knowing your in trouble...knowing you're gonna get attacked....but you just don't know when. And that my friends leaves you unprepared." Taha said laughing. "A'ight... I got chu..." Dajuan said as he started to join in on the evil laughter. "I say we give em' a few days... Make them think we aren't coming... If you know what I mean. We'll give em' the first hit around 12:00... 5 days from now..." Taha said as he looked around at his gang. "You got a deal man!" Dajuan said laughing.

Brandon walked back and forth on the right side of the building. Hailey opened the door and walked over to him. "What are you doing out here?" Brandon asked her. "I don't know... I guess It's just too depressing inside." Hailey said. "It still doesn't feel like all that happened today..." Brandon started to say. "I know... It just came outta nowhere... I never thought Jackson would do something like that..." Hailey said. "I just don't get how all this happened..." Hailey started to say as Brandon looked at her. "Like..we all knew about the virus, we just didn't know that it was going to take over the whole world..." Hailey said. Brandon silently nodded his head. "Do you ever think about your family... and then realize they are just gone?" Brandon asked her. "Well, I don't know if they are really gone... But I do think about them..." Hailey responded. "Its ok... You don't have to lie to yourself anymore. They are gone, all of our families are gone... But that's ok, because we have a new one." Brandon said as he looked at Hailey in the eyes.

"You think we're gonna make it in this world?" Hailey asked him. "I know we will..." Brandon responded smiling at her. Hailey smiled a little back as she felt his arm go around her shoulder. "I always thought you were pretty freaking cute Hailey." Brandon said to her. "Well then why didn't you say something!? You knew I felt the same way!" Hailey said laughing. "Oh but what about those other boys, huh?" Brandon said laughing a little. Hailey punched his arm. "I broke up with him!" Hailey said. "You mean them!" Brandon said laughing. Hailey started to laugh along with him. "Ok I knew I dated a few guys in high school! But that's over, it's done!" Hailey said. "You sure bout' that?" Brandon asked her. "I'm sure!" Hailey said. Brandon pulled Hailey in closer and kissed her, and she kissed back. "You know your eyes should on the lookout!" Hailey said laughing in between the kisses. "And you know you should be inside!" Brandon said.

Charlotte looked up at me as more tears flowed out of her eyes. "Hey, it's gonna be ok." I said to her. "I'm so sorry! I just wasn't ready for all this! I wasn't ready to loose Emily!" She said crying. "It was just hard to know that Emily was dead... And you barely spent anytime with her! And I'm so sorry about how I've been lately!" Charlotte said. "Just stop, it's ok." I said hugging her. Charlotte walked over to Luke and sat beside his bed. "I never thought I would be saying all this...but he's all we have left..." Charlotte said as she held his hand. "We have each other, we have John, Becky, we have a new family Charlotte." I said as I patted her back. "And I'm thankful for that." Charlotte said as she looked up and smiled at me.

Luke started to wake up a little. "Hey dad...and mom..." Luke said. "...Hey Luke...We have something to tell you..." Charlotte said to him. "We've got bigger issues than just Jackson now..." I said to Luke. Luke started to sit up but Charlotte stopped him. "It could be real serious..." I said. "What's going on?" Luke asked. I looked down. "There's a group that wants our safe center... But we aren't gonna let that happen, ok?" I said. "I know you can't walk...and...but I need you to take this again." I said as I handed him the gun that he had received in walmart. "Thanks... but...why do I need this, we aren't killing people, right?" Luke asked. "No...we aren't. But you need to be prepared. These people are dangerous, and they aren't afraid to kill us, so you can't be afraid to fight them..." I said as I thought about what Brandon said earlier.

We were not going to survive this world by making deals. We needed to fight. "How on earth am I gonna fight?! I can't even stand up!" Luke said as he started freaking out. "Shh... It's gonna be ok. You won't even have to fight... this is just incase... just incase one gets near you and you need to shoot them to keep them away from you." I said. I started to realize just how dangerous this was as I explained for Luke to shoot someone. I could never imagine shooting someone. But maybe that needed to stop. Taha was killing people everyday, and brutally too.