(Delirious x ?) How to Cheer Up Delirious

Dear Craig,

Thanks for agreeing to take care of Johnathan while I'm at my family reunion. He hasn't been feeling good lately due to his sister in the hospital. However, with much respect Craig, I would like it if you keep him happy. Therefore, I made a list of things that should cheer him up:

1. Play video games. (GTA 5 or Gmod)

2. Put in a movie. (Avengers, Deadpool, or something along those lines)

3. Take him to the mall. (Game Stop first, then see how he feels after that)

4. Make him cook something for you. (He loves to cook)

5. Play a board game. (Checkers or Monopoly)

6. Play a card game. (Go Fish, War, or Slap Jack)

7. Try talking to him. (He might just want to talk about his feelings, so be there for him)

8. Call Evan. (If John's still depressed, call him.)

No matter what, just make sure he's happy. Even if everything you did, didn't work, and you had to call someone else (and no matter how hard it hurts you), just make sure he smiles.

-Luke

I put the note down and looked up the stairs. John was still sleeping. I looked back at the letter and thought about Luke writing this. I felt bad for the guy; He clearly likes John, but the harder he tries to help him, the worst it hurts when he has to call Evan.

I put the first note down and sat in a nearby chair. I picked up the second one and began to read:

Dear Craig,

I understand that you'll be taking care of Johnathan, but I want to help you out a bit. You're a grown man and you have your own way of doing things, and I respect that. However, Johnathan has been really depressed since his sister was in that car accident, so I want to tell you how to cheer him up if his ever sad.

First off, ask if he wants to do anything. Like if he starts getting quite, ask him if he wants to do something. If that doesn't work, try suggesting things. For example, he likes to cook, so ask if he wants to bake cookies.

Secondly, take him for a walk. If he wants to go anywhere, do NOT take him in a car. Plus, he's been moping around for the last few days, so a walk should lift some stress. I think his dog hasn't been on a walk in a while, so it'll be good for both of them.

Lastly, if he still isn't happy, call Tyler. They have this bond that I don't understand, but apparently it's stronger than his and mine. No matter how heartbroken you'll be, just make sure that goofball is talking to someone that can make him happy.

Thanks for being there Craig. Sorry if he's a handful, but if you need anything, call or text. I'll bring you something back from Canada, if it makes you feel better.

-Evan

I sighed heavily and just stared at the note. Evan gave me it before he left for Canada and told me to open it when I got to John's house.

I don't know how or what to feel. I think Evan likes him too, but he's clearly jealous of Tyler. I looked at Johnathan's dog, who was sleeping under the table. Poor boy probably hasn't been for a walk in ages.

After looking at him for a bit, I looked back at the note. I sighed again and put it over to the side. I looked at the final note and began to read:

Dear Craig,

Thanks for taking care of John. I would've done it, but I had to go and help one of my friends in Indiana. He needed help with his car, and he didn't want to pay a lot of money for it to get fixed, so I offered my help and he gladly took it.

Anyway, there's somethings you might want to know while you're taking care of Johnathan:

1. If he starts crying, he won't be able to stop. Just make sure to be patient.

2. He'll get hungry and/or dehydrated fast, so make sure he's eating and drinking.

3. If he wants to vent, don't hold him back. There should be a baseball bat in the closet, so take him outside with that if he gets really heated.

4. Listen to him. I feel like Evan listens to him, but doesn't understand what he's going through. If he starts talking about his feelings, and you don't fully understand how he's feeling, just ask him to explain.

That's all I can think of. However, if nothing works, call Luke. No matter how much time I waste with the dork, or how much effort I put into not hitting him, it makes me happy to see him happy. Even if he's talking to someone else.

-Tyler

My heart sank like the Titanic. I looked to my right to focus on something else so I wouldn't cry. My friends are jealous of each other because they think the other person has a better relationship with someone they really like.

Suddenly, I thought about Johnathan. His sister's in the hospital and his three best friends have a crush on him. Imagine if he found that out. He'd be confused and heartbroken because he knows he can only choose one of them. My heart shattered at the thought of him having a breakdown.

"Oh hey Craig," Johnathan said in his sleepy voice. I turned around, "I didn't know you were here."

He started to walk towards the table, so I flipped the notes over and stood up, "Yeah, I've been here for a while. Luke gave me a key."

He nodded, stopped in front of me, and rubbed his eye. He looked at me, then laid his head on my chest. He wrapped his arms around me, as if to hug me. I put my arms around him.

"How are you?" I asked, prepared for the worst.

"I'm honestly fantastic." He said and lifted his head up, "The hospital called last night and my sister is fine. She was just unconscious. She'll have to stay in there for a month or two, but they said she'll be fine."

"Really?" I said surprised.

He nodded and smiled, "Last night was the first night I actually got some sleep."

"Oh well...Um..." I glanced at the notes, but quickly looked back at him, "Do you wanna cook up some breakfast, then take your dog out for a walk?"

He looked at his dog a little concerned, then looked at the kitchen. He smiled and looked at me, "Yeah, what do you want?"

I told him waffles and we walked into the kitchen.