(Nogla x Wildcat) Grow Old with Me

It all started one day after recording session of Mario Kart, a very known Irishman and hot headed American stayed in a Skype call together so they could talk to each other while editing.

The topic of conversation moved to old people when David brought up his grandmother.

"I feel like I'll be like my grandma when I get older." His Irish accent laced with a sleepy undertone stated, breaking the silence.

"How so?" Tyler, the wide awake American questioned his friend.

"She doesn't really talk but comments on something's every now and then." David explained, "There usually very wise words."

Tyler laughed and joked, "You are not wise. If anything, you'd be the old guy who can't hear properly."

David chuckled, "I can hear just fine."

This statement made Tyler laugh even harder, reminding him of all the times he misunderstood something. David only laughed it off, knowing he was right.

"Tyler." He said.

"What?" The other questioned.

"Grow old with me." The sleepy Irish man offered.

Tyler chuckled, "Who else will make sure you put your dentures in in the morning?"

David smiled as he slowly laid his head down on his desk and let sleep completely take over. Tyler didn't know he feel asleep till he heard his light snores. Not wanting to hang up his favorite Irishman, he continued to listen to him quietly mumble gibberish in his sleep as he worked.

32 years later, both at the age of 56, Tyler sat on the edge of his bed, calling his dearest friend right before he goes to bed, making sure that his friend woke up.

"Hello?" The familiar, but now older, voice of David asked into the phone.

"Did you sleep well, ya old bag of bones?" Tyler mocked. Growing old did not change him one bit.

"You leaped in a well and found a bag of phones?" David questioned.

"No, I said did you sleep well, ya old bag of bones!" Tyler yelled into the phone.

"Ooooh." David realized, "Yes I did. Thank you for sending me this new mattress, again. My back hasn't felt so good in years!"

Tyler laughed, "Well I'm glad you like it because it wasn't cheap."

"You didn't have to-"

"I have no one else to spoil, Nogla." Tyler reminded.

David them named off their other friends but Tyler reminded that they didn't have bad back pain like him.

After a little more talking, Tyler yawned, "I'm gonna have to let you go, wrinkle king."

"You ran out of wrinkle cream?" David asked.

Tyler sighed. "Goodnight!" He yelled into the phone.

"I love ye, Tyler." David smiled.

Tyler smiled too, "I love you too, Daithi."

Soon the two elder men decided to meet up again like old times. Tyler sent the old Irish out to America and they sat in front of Tyler's house, smiling as they rocked in rocking chairs only inches apart from each other.

"It's beautiful out today." Tyler commented.

"You're letting out the gay?" David question.

"N-" Tyler decided not the yell at his friend and ruin the moment so he groaned, "Yes Daithi, I'm letting out the gay."

David only smiled wider, "I knew you'd come around."

Tyler rolled his eyes and asked, "So how's the family?"

"What about your great aunt Lee?" He misunderstood again.

"How is your family!" Tyler corrected.

"Oh," he finally understood, "me oldest nephew is expecting a baby soon."

"That's nice." Tyler added in, "My sister and her husband are planning on moving."

"Where to?"

"Somewhere closer to me incase I have an accident." Tyler informed.

"Do you regret never having kids?" David suddenly asked.

Tyler shook his head, "Never found the right woman." The American then looked at his friend, "Do you?"

David shrugged, "Pretty sure the world is better without another Daithi Nogla."

Tyler shook his head, "You think the world is better without a comic relief mixed with a great person?"

David just laughed, "I'm dumb, Tyler."

Tyler reached his hand over to the others rocking chair and put it on his, "Just the perfect amount, though."

Tyler laced his hand with David's and it just felt so right. When they were younger, they would have moments like this and it was perfect, but they never thought that they actually had feeling for each other till they got older, but by then, they thought they'd never find what they found in each other, so they never tried and just stayed in touch forever.

"I love you, Tyler." David said, looking at the others eyes that held they piercing blue color all these years.

Tyler looked at him and fell in love all over again, but didn't realize once more. "I love you too, Daithi." He spoke, meaning every word.

As they say and smiled at each other, Tyler finally did the one thing he was so scared to do for so long and closed the space between the two old men. It was a sweet, little, passionate peck, but it meant the world to the two.

It reminded them of the time back in their 20s when they were only together and just goofed around and somehow feel perfectly into each other's arms. Oh how the two wishes they could've gone back to that day and do what they feared most so they didn't have to live as just friends for so many years, but that didn't matter now. Here they were, staring at each other with nothing but love, enjoying one another's hand.

They got married on June 5th, 2050. All their friends and family were there as they kissed one another to prove the love that they shared. Of course, their friends picked on them about always knowing, but the two didn't mind because now everyone knew and they couldn't have been happier.