Chapter 2

~~~Skipping the whole fighting scene with the Laistrygonians~~~

Percy's POV
I braced myself to die,thinking about my moments with (Y/N), but nothing came. I looked up and saw the giant's body went rigid. His face was surprised. I looked at his stomach,where something was poking out of it. The glowing tip of a blade. The giant dropped the dodgeball from his hand.

"Ow." He muttered before he burst into a cloud of green flame and standing in the smoke was my friend Annabeth,who looked like she was chased a thousand miles by ghosts. She looked at Matt Sloan who was standing there like an idiot and punched him in the face.

"Don't you ever hurt my friend!" She shouted at his face.

Then she walked up to me.

"A-Annabeth what are you doing here?" I asked.

"We don't have time right now

"We don't have time right now. Meet me outside."

She looked past my shoulder and pointed to Tyson.

"And bring him too."

"What?"

"Just hurry! There's no time!"

She then put on her Yankees baseball cap,a magic gift from her mom,and instantly vanished. Leaving me alone in the middle of a burning gym. The doors of the gym barged open,the headmaster and teachers came in. They all looked at me.

"It was Percy Jackson who did it! It was all him and his friend!" Matt Sloan exclaimed.

I knew they wouldn't believe me so I grabbed Riptide out of my ruined jeans and yelled at Tyson. 

"Come on!"

We both ran towards the hole in the side of the burning building.

~

We found Annabeth at an alley. She looked seriously angry.

"Where did you find him?" Annabeth demanded while glaring daggers at Tyson.

I didn't know what her problem was with Tyson but right now I need to know why she is here.

"He's a friend." I told her.

"Is he homeless?"

"What the heck is wrong with you? You don't just say that out loud. He can hear you,you know. Why don't you ask him?"

She looked surprised.

"He can talk?" She asked.

"I talk." Tyson admitted.

Annabeth rolled her eyes.