Chapter 11

(Y/N)'s POV
We continue to travel across the ocean. Percy was holding the thermos. I was sitting next to Annabeth, who was sitting far away from Tyson. Tyson was still playing with the pieces of metal. I was wondering what he was making. Tyson looked up and saw me looking his way. He gave me a big smile. I smiled a little.

'Maybe Tyson is different...'

But then I remembered what his kind did to Thalia.

I glanced at Annabeth. She was glaring daggers at Tyson. Percy closed the thermos and faces Tyson.

"Hey, Tyson do you want to steer for a while?" Percy asked as he handed the thermos to his half brother.

Tyson looked up at Percy.

"Thank you. Nobody's ever trusted me with anything before."

"Is that because of your lack of depth perception?" Annabeth asked.

I elbowed Annabeth but she just shrugged her shoulders.

"Is it because they're scared of you?" I asked.

Tyson looked at me and nodded.

"Everyone thinks I'm a monster but they never actually know me. But sometimes I think they're right." Tyson said sadly.

I felt guilty. I lowered my gaze and looked off. So did Annabeth.

"You're not a monster. Don't be so hard on yourself." Percy said.

Tyson smiled.

"Come here. Open the thermos slowly. Slowly." Percy instructed as Tyson uncapped the thermos.

The lifeboat jerked forward. Percy sat next to me. He intertwined his fingers with mine. I decided to tell them everything about my past since it was better to tell them now then later.

"Guys...I should tell you everything that happened to me in my past."

"Are you sure (Y/N)? I mean you don't have to if you don't want to." Percy said.

"Yeah (Y/N), you or your brother never told anyone about your past." Annabeth said, worriedly.

I looked at them. I smiled and nodded.

"I want to. I can't keep it a secret any longer...What Luke said about my mom." I sighed. "It's true. She killed herself. It all started when she married Marcus. Will and I were five when she married him. Marcus was alright at first but then he started bossing my mom around. He made me and Will like his slaves. Every night he would come home drunk and if he finds anything that wasn't perfect he would beat up my mom. My mom couldn't fight back because Marcus said that if she did then Will and I will pay the price. It went on like that for two years" I bit my bottom lip, nervously. "Then one evening, when I went to her room I found her dead. I ran back to tell Will. He said that we have to run away before Marcus comes back. So we packed and ran away. Then we met Annabeth, Thalia, and Luke on the way." I looked at my charm bracelet. "This bracelet is the only thing that reminds me of my mom. She gave it to me and Will the day before she died. She said that it was a gift from our dad." I looked at a heart charm that said 'I love you'. I smiled at that because those were my mom's last words before she died.

I realized that I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I was about to wipe them away but Percy did that for me. Annabeth engulfed me in a hug, saying that she was sorry. I hugged back. When we broke the hug, Percy kissed my forehead sending butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"I'm so sorry you've gone through that (Y/N)."

"It's ok Percy. I'm actually glad that I finally told somebody my past."