Napping Games

Napping Games

"SHHHHH!!!!" You wave your hand away in the direction Iris was coming from. You watched your friend freeze in compliance with your sudden shushing.

"What are you doing?" Iris whispered loudly to you, looking between you, a red solo cup in your hand and the sleeping body of Barry Allen on the couch. Her eyebrows rose and she looked expectantly at you.

You stifle a giggle, silently motioning for her to make her way over, quietly. As Iris carefully stood next to you, you took a deep breath to quiet your breathing. The cup in your hand popped slightly as you adjusted your grip. With agonizingly slow movements, you placed the cup bottom side up on his forehead. Seconds passed before either of you let out a breath, sure that the cup was still and that Barry was still asleep. You turn to Iris and wink as you reached for something on the coffee table behind you. Red cup after red cup towered on the forehead of your sleeping best friend. Giggles threatened to burst from you and Iris, but your will stayed strong. Surprisingly, Barry stayed asleep the whole time. He would make small noises and his arms and legs would twitch from time to time, of which you found extremely adorable, but he did not wake despite what was going on.

After the fifth cup was placed, the cup you were holding made a popping sound, making you freeze. You glanced between your friend, the cup in your hand and the slightly swaying tower of cups. Iris, now sitting on the floor, looked up at you with wide eyes, her mouth shaped a worried 'o'. You watch carefully as Barry moved his hand up to wipe his nose, but miraculously not cause the cups to topple over. You slowly let out a breath and blinked your painfully dried eyes, due to the fact that you had them wide open not wanting to miss anything. The sleeping man makes a cute humming noise then becomes still again.

Iris slowly stood up from her position on the floor and placed a gentle hand on your shoulder to grab your attention. "I am going out with Eddy tonight. Let me know how many more cups you laid down before he got up." She winked then made her way to the front door, opening it agonizingly slow then tiptoed out, swiftly pulling the door closed, but stopping just before it shut to close it slowly. You rolled your eyes and looked back to your challenge. You looked behind you at eight more cups and a few random items on the coffee table. You grabbed the cups and placed it on his chest, staggering them to make two pyramids.

Little did you know that Barry was already awake, had been since he rubbed his nose. As your back was turned, getting a second remote, he opened one of his eyes to peek at what you were doing. Suddenly a brilliant idea came to his mind. You began to turn around, so he quickly closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep, leaving you none-the-wiser. You were about to place the remote on his arm when you stopped yourself and observed your handy work. Twelve red solo cups balanced on his body, three on his forehead, end over end, and two stacks of three on his chest. One remote laid on his left arm and you were about to place another on his right. Three coasters ran down each of his legs as a magazine laid over his feet creating a small tent. You held back a giggle as you gently placed your last object on your oh so patient recipient.

But Barry had other plans.

He opened his eyes slightly and waited until your hand came closer to his. Once it was in prime position, he reached out with his right hand and grabbed your arm, jostling all the objects you meticulously placed on him for the past thirty minutes. You let out a slight yelp and freeze as you looked down at two sea green eyes glinting up at you with a hint of mischief that you decided you did not like at all. Barry smirked at the look of shock on your face, ready for his next move.

Without so much as a warning, you found yourself letting out a high pitched shriek as Barry's left arm reached across and grabbed your slightly bent body, pulling you down on him, thoroughly disrupting the myriad of objects on his body, falling on to the floor or being squashed between your body and his. You came out of your surprise and looked at your friend, ridiculously smiling back up at you.