.12.

"How's the wife?" The young man with the same piercing blues eyes like his older brother asked.

"You know what Bud, that's a great question." Mike jokingly pointed down at his short brother. "I don't know, lately, she's been avoiding me."

"Who wouldn't!" Bud chuckled before receiving a glare from Mike. "Michael, what did you do." Bud managed to bring some laughter out of his older brother as he impersonated their mother.

"I have no idea!" Mike shrugged his shoulders, picking his golf club. "Ever since we came back from our mini vacation, she's been acting unusual around me." Mike rolled his eyes and tossed the golf ball down at the green turf.

"Relax, man." Bud patted Mike on his shoulder. "Women, they're complicated."

Another chuckle escaped from Mike. "You and your jokes." He aligned his club against the ball before taking a big swing at it.

"Woah, that was nice!" Bud praised. "Maybe you shouldn't worry about it so much."

"I tell myself that, too." Mike furrowed his eyebrows as he felt his phone vibrate in the pocket of his blue shorts.

"Text from the Mrs?" Bud asked, noticing Mike's face glued to the phone. "What is it?"

"Oh, it's nothing." Mike smiled. "Why don't we get this game started, shall we."

•••

"Care?" Ivey quietly said, giving another knock on the bathroom door. There was still no response but she did hear the water running from the sink.

The door finally opened as a nervous blonde walked towards her best friend. "I guess it's time for the waiting game."

The two ladies waited for about five minutes but it felt like hours long of waiting. Ivey's alarm rang several time before it brought Carrie into her senses.

"You ready?" The brunette asked the nervous but anxious blonde.

Carrie closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm ready."

The two slowly walked into the bathroom and glanced at the three pregnancy test sitting on the counter.

"Okay, you got this." Carrie whispered to herself. She was overwhelmed at what was about to happen. Her hands were nervously trembling as she held onto each test. "Positive." She faintly whispered.

The blonde suddenly felt a warmth in her chest as her hazel-green eyes welled up. "Oh my god." She slowly turned to face her anxious friend. "I'm pregnant."

Ivey screamed in joy and quickly embraced the beautiful blonde. "Oh my goodness, Carrie! This is amazing!"

"Aww, Ives!" Carrie cried as Ivey was bawling tears of joy. "Thank you so much. For being here and helping me do this."

"I'm so happy for you, this right here..." Ivey paused as she put her small hand against Carrie's stomach. "This is a blessing."

Tears yet again streamed down her face as the two embraced again. "How am I gonna tell Mike?"

"Care, it shouldn't be that hard?" Ivey chuckled as she fixed her makeup. "Why don't you tell him on your guys anniversary?"

"That's in four days, Ivey. It's not a bad idea but it'll be tough to keep it from him for that long." The blonde rambled as she grabbed all three pregnancy test and put them in a box.

"Shoot!" Ivey whispered as they heard Mike and bud downstairs.

"They're back early!" Carrie quietly said. "Let hide this in my office.

The two quickly ran two the room where they hide the box of pregnancy test in a drawer. "He never goes in here." Carrie said as she locked there drawer. "How do I look?"

"You're glowing." Ivey teased as the two giggled. "I better get going, Mark's been wanting me to get home for hours now."

Carrie giggled as she fixed her hair. "He's very impatient. Let me walk you down."

Ivey waved goodbye to the guys as her and Carrie walked towards the door. "Thank you so much for today. I couldn't do it without you."

"Who else was gonna buy your tests." Ivey giggled as the two hugged. "You just relax, okay."

"Will do. Bye, say hi to Mark for me." Carrie smiled before walking back to the boys. "So, how was golf?"

"I kicked his butt." Mike smiled as Bud sheepishly shook his head. "You weren't even that close to beating me, let it go man."

Carrie giggled as she watched the two playfully argue with one another. The knots in her stomach tighten each time she glanced at the man she fell in love with. She sent him a wink before walking into the kitchen, leaving the two brothers alone.

"You saw that." Mike whispered, noticing Carrie leave the room. "She's driving me nuts."

"That's what women do, buddy." Bud chuckled at a confused Mike. "Go with your lady, I got to head out in town, meeting with some buddies."

"Nice, get out of here bud." Mike laughed as he walked his brother out. "Drive safe and remember, your curfew is at 10."

"Oh shut up!" Bud laughed before getting in the car.

Mike nervously walked back into his home. He made his way into the kitchen, her back faced against him. "Care?"

"Yeah." The blonde quickly responded as she continued to cut the avocados.

"Um.." Mike awkwardly stood behind the kitchen island. "Never mind." He shook his head as Carrie stopped.

The petite blonde softly smiled, the way he seemed so lost, made her think it was very cute. "Got something on your mind?" She spoke, running her nails along the cold kitchen island.

"Ok, I'm just going to say how I feel but don't get mad or anything." Mike bluntly spoke, causing the blonde to giggle which was odd. "Are you alright? Are we alright? Because lately, I feel that you're somewhat avoiding me or there's something you don't want me to know about." He paused, looking down at his trembling hands. "Did I do something wrong?"

Carrie closed her eyes. Those damn hormones. Her soft hazel eyes looked back into his. "Mike, you can do no wrong." The blonde whispered as she walked in her bare feet, closer to her husband. "I'm sorry for being difficult, I'm just so focused on music and my mind is all over the place. I didn't realize that my actions would make you feel this way. I'm sorry."

Mike frowned as he watched her tear up. He quickly wrapped her in his arms as she sniffed in his chest. "Hey, it's okay." Mike whispered, rubbing the back of her head.

"Ugh, I hate that I'm crying." Carrie giggled as her husband smiled, wiping the tears off her face.

"Well at least the way you cry is cute." Mike chuckled as she slapped his arm. "What?"

"I love you." She whispered, leaning up to give him a kiss.