.15.

The first couple of days after Isaiah was born were rough for Carrie. She couldn't physically do much because she had to recover from the surgery of c-section. Mike wasn't around due to a long road trip on the west coast. But she was very thankful that her mother Carole was around to help out.

"Little man is finally off to sleep?" Carole said and sat at the edge of the bed. "He's so handsome that little guy."

"Obviously! Have you seen his father." The two chuckled after Carrie's remark. "I finally did it, huh mama."

"Giving me a grandchild? Oh yes!" Carole smiled down at her youngest daughter. "You're going to be a great mother care."

"Honestly, I never pictured this." Carrie smiled brightly. "Singing lullabies, sitting in a rocking chair or changing diapers." The beautiful mother leaned over and picked up a photo of Isaiah. "He has filled me up with so much love."

"That's what motherhood does to you. And it definitely looks great on you." Carole stood and kissed Carrie on the cheek. "I'm heading off to bed now, goodnight."

"Goodnight, Mama." She carefully stood from her bed and walked down to the nursery room to check up on her little man. "You look so much like your dad." Carrie whispered and rubbed his head softly.

She gave him a soft kiss on his chubby cheek and walked down to the kitchen to grab a class a water. Carrie's phone began to vibrate against the table. It was Mike calling to FaceTime.

Carrie quickly tucked her hair behind her ear and tapped on the green button. "Hey babe, how was the game?"

"We definitely did some duck hunting tonight." Mike sent a wink to his wife. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm still a little sore from my stomach but everything else is fine, mama is helping me out a lot." Carrie giggled as Mike did a lil fist bump. "I wish you were here."

"I wish i was there to witness his first couple of days at home." Mike pouted. "But I'll be back in a week and I'll do everything to help out. From changing diapers to taking baths. Whatever it is, you name it!"

"Oh, you're definitely going on diaper duty." Carrie giggled as Mike planted his hand on his face. "Hey, you suggested it."

"Show me him." Mike said as he laid down on his hotel room bed. Carrie is always sending him pictures of Isaiah everyday but he needed to see him.

Carrie slowly stood up from her seat and began to walk up the stairs. She turned the corner and open the door quietly. She switch the screen camera so that it would focus on Isaiah. "Our little man finally decided to sleep."

Mike couldn't help but grin as he watched his son sleep peacefully. "I'll see you very soon. I love you, little man."

The gorgeous blonde swapped the camera back to her and gave a cute little yawn. "We can't wait for you to come back home."

"I know." He smiled and looked to his watch which read ten o'clock. "I should let you go rest up. It's midnight back home. I love you, babe."

"I love you. Goodnight." Carrie softly replied and blew a kiss to the screen. The blonde giggled as Mike pretended to catch her kiss. "I'll talk to you soon, you dork."