Chapter III

Chapter III

Rebecca had been most fatigued at tonight's pleasures she excused herself from the dinner table such late hours had she been accustomed to entertain .

Good night she bowed before taking her leave from the party every so alert yet engaged with their entertainments upon leave she could feel Mr. Bertram eyes upon her before putting his glass away their eyes yet interlocked before she turning away as swiftly as society dictates.

She was more joyful to be out of her Aunts and Uncles and those who were attentive she was mortified when she the Countess Constance asked her of her talents . She replied eagerly "I've been told I play well on the pianoforte".

This Sir John and Mr Bertram persuaded her so therefore she could not deny the room went still all other parties whom been engaged overheard their remarks .

Rebecca played without fault of her parties yet she felt though shaken to be made to play piano forte a spectacle she could not deny her aunt and uncle's so she played praying her hands did not miss a key .

Do you need my assistance dressing  Lady Rebecca? Said the maidservant eager of a task .

Rebecca could not deny this service to her Lady's Maid yet foreign to her she obliged. " Yes , if you could please".  Spoke Rebecca

Her maidservant had taken her mistress dressing her in her evening gown then arranging her hair before asking her mistress if there will be anything more .

Rebecca shook her head before slumber taking her with last thoughts of Mr Bertram keen per suits she had not unwelcome any wanted advancements  .

"I think your niece will prove to be useful" spoke the Countess,

"I shall hope you take into account Mr and Mrs Bennett a young Lady such as Lady Rebecca should engage in many social events as permitted." Spoke Sir John 

"I cannot agree more insued Mr Betram".

"She has proven to be so said Mr Bennett wasn't influenced by the Countess Constance.

"Though I see Rebecca perhaps has a submissive air about her though I felt she stiffened upon our requests to entertain". The Countess pocking up her utensil taking pleasure in her meal.

"Why do you express sentiments of concern for Rebbecca my niece ?" Said Mrs Benett curiously wiping her napkin on her chin "what is Rebecca of your worries ?' Elaborated more spoke  Mrs Bennett.

"If she should be invited and of my audience and others of my parties In which I should host I deem it most necessary  Mrs. Bennett".

"I beg to differ she needs no instruction in etiquette for I have watched her manners closely she has remained in propriertity in furthering acquaintances " Replied Mr Bertram  he could observe from watch Lady Rebbeca she was uncomfortable though she hid her uncomfortably well masking it .

"Let it be that in any case she should not be longer in our audience than necessary" spoke Mr Bennett quite annoyed .

Lady Rebbeca should go about as she pleases she has done no wrong she remaining courteous to us the Bennett acquaintances she has some prettiness about her in a manner or air though I'd like to dwell longer in her presence". Eagerly spoke Mr Bertram.

Lady Constance huffed Mr Bertram remark finding compliments to Lady Rebbecca most disgusting .

"I marvel at the disdain on your face Lady Constance ?' Spoke Sir John.

"Tonight grows ever late I think I shall take my leave " said Lady Constance before any party could object.

"I shall find myself bidding you all farewell " said Mrs Bennett producing a yawn before exiting the room.

"You have both produced an interest in my niece you have defended her character yet flattering her at each advantage one should hope to persuade a match . Spoke he Mr. Bennett .