Chapter X

Chapter X

I do not love him.. who could love a man such as him.. I'm ever assured ever persuaded my love will not evolve Rebbeca was ever persistent taking a stroll about the drawing room waiting for her Aunt and Uncle Bennett to return, she'd hoped they not think her foolish or a simpleton for rejecting Sir John he was the wealthiest of gentlemen amongst the ton his dowry she had been persuaded 50,000 pounds she recalled her Aunt and other women of the ton remarking on his wealth his heritage and prominence his air of his countenance. Though he was a very handsome man he was noted to be cruel in his sentiments towards others his attentions limited which made some women of the ton who'd wished to dance with him lamenting all the more. 

Rebecca thought it strange he took his interest in her air, he'd given her many purposeful gazes intended towards her person at her first night in arrival in London though she chose to ignore she had not made up an opinion of him till this point Sir John thought he could have anything he set his eyes upon though not her, she was sure her Aunt and Uncle would see great reason she hoped if anything they'd recall Duke Willam they seem to have taken a fancy towards him she comforted herself all the more with this prospect. His boldness, his intent bothered her how dare he she thought, secondly to threaten her with going to her Aunt, Uncle she would not be haved she was sure her parents would have her back gladly in Milcot. If not, she'd find work as a maid or governess, she would not marry Sir John.

She placed her novel down at the sound of footsteps furthermore a door opening Sir John accompanied with her Aunt and Uncle her nerves were tearing away at her, she awaited for their proclamation her Aunt and Uncle Sir John seated themselves on the settee. Her Uncle looking for the first time perplexed, she wondered what his thoughts were about surely he would not agree to a brothel with Sir John, if he had, she would not be quiet of it he was such a vial ruthless stubborn witted man in her opinions. Though Sir John sent her his lingering handsome, pleasant gazes she knew from that point on, her Aunt and Uncle had been persuaded on Sir John request before her Uncle and Aunt could begin Rebecca listed all the reasons which she felt were very good and justifiable reasons why she must marry Sir John, thence she had gone over all their conversations how  in pleasant he is arrogant - Her Uncle had put a silence to her protest which in turn Rebecca clamped her mouth close very unhappily I might add.

"Enough Rebbecca! . "You shall marry Sir John it has been decided no protests will further be heard of the mother replied Mr. Bennett.

Rebecca looked towards her Aunt Mrs. Bennett for sympathy on her account her aunt acknowledged agreeing furthermore with Mr. Bennett.

Sir John, upon approaching her before Rebbeca could react, she had not been aware of his presence, she was thinking of running away soon or other adventures forming in her mind.

"Now we are beroth being beroth to me isn't the end of yourself, " added Sir John in black cravat he was rather handsome, but a thorn to Rebecca all the more she decided she'd agree with them all and be off tonight she'd run away when they were all asleep, she would be sure SIr John would not attempt to find or he'd discontinue looking for her whereabouts once she'd be gone missing she thought returning to milcot though decided against this when Mrs.Bennett announced she'd sent word to her relatives of this upcoming nuptials. Rebecca felt somewhat sorry running off with all of the fortune her Aunt and Uncle provided her with though she must flee.

She wondered what Duke William, would think surely he'd not believe it, he had called on her person more than ever, more then she had honestly liked she wondered now why she considered him she felt nothing towards the fair sun haired man who was ever persistent but a thought just occurred to her she would send a letter to him or make a call on his person, she was sure he'd be ever willing to help perhaps get her out of the country but to what expense on her part will he make her Marry Him or would he do this out of the kindness of his heart? She deliberated shall she go about this alone, she thought it better.