ChapterVII

Chapter VII

Lady Rebecca was sitting in the sitting room reading to Mrs. Bennett she could hear the butler speaking to another masculine voice outside the sitting room door she did her best not to appear aware of this masculine voice she recognized quite well.

The butler stepping before him introducing Duke William , Mrs. Bennet supplied him with fair greetings both Rebecca was aware of his eyes on her person Duke William highly attractive  considered the most eligible bachelor .

Lady Rebecca knew not how to engage the Duke William she being quite perplexed why he inquired a call on her person he was finely dressed well groomed as a gentleman of his rank should be his hands were not the hands that belonged to a farmer as her farther a they were soft he the duke  processed a paleness in his colour.

Rebecca watched as her Aunt led in conversations with the Duke on his adventures whilst travels  . Mrs Bennet ensured her niece permanent home shall be here unless she be married off Mrs. Bennett said which grew Rebecca with much distress.

She had given the duke intention to Persue she shown him no interest only polite as she had often been she was now fiddling with her hands eyes down cast not to have her lips give way to her inner fury.

Mrs. Bennett murmured something to either the Duke though she not paid any interest her thoughts were else where she watched her aunt leave the room Rebecca looked up she began to panic now inside where had her aunt gone to she realized her aunt leaving them to their own endeavours.

Duke William clearly had been at her side so suddenly so announced she was sure the Duke felt the pace of her hurt she was startled .

" I didn't attend to scare you Rebecca its anything but my intent  ,if I may call you so I feel we've been well aquatinted " added the Duke with intent.

" Yes , you may -

"Here  I shall poor the tea" added Duke William

" Am I not to pour the tea, this highly unusual " added Rebecca she watched as he poured so casually ignoring her prior request.

"Tea  for me and tea for you " he the Duke added.

"I must object you are the guest , it should be my duty--

" Simply the pouring of tea over time Rebecca his baritone voice added  I am unlike any gentleman you shall be acquainted with " added the Duke.

"I request we shall be companions " insisted Rebecca .

" Friends for present time" added the Duke

Rebecca's eye lifted she was not amused, she wanted to share there would be no beyond a present time her countenance quickly stiffened .

***

I think  we shall have a match for sure between the Duke and our Rebecca this is more than any of us would have intended he so taken yet manner able added Mrs Bennett peeking in the room .

"She's not taken with him you cannot force what is not " replied Mr. Bennett

" We were not of a love match that has no matter Rebecca will grow to love him as we had "spoke Mrs Bennett

"See there how her countenance is stiffen as the Duke approaches her"Added Mr Bennett

"An attachment shall be met between the two  " spoke Mrs Bennett with finality .