Chapter II

Chapter II

Mr and Mrs Bennett observed their niece's appearance from out the opened door the Bennett's trusted manservant James swiftly attended to her baggage with her few belongings she had . Though they were quite pleased in reference to Thomas Bennett surname they were now indeed truly blessed Ineed . Mrs. Arabella Bennet exchanged gladdened smiles both were Everly gallant at the prospect of training up a child.

Though the Bennett's upon observing their nieces countenance she had inherited a calm air about her Mr. Bennet determinations became overly hopeful for her his adopted niece . Mrs. Bennet as well shared some of Mr. Bennett's sentiments unkbestknownly to her husband in private thoughts . Mrs. Bennett desired her niece to be educated in the visual arts and music .

"Mrs Bennett I shall add to a knowledge of literature a satisfactory taste for this period of romanticism era, I suggest that she shall be educated in all areas added Thomas Bennett. after he paused a momentous moment Mrs Bennett felt quite distressed at her niece becoming highly educated she strongly rejected her husband's beliefs .

"I do not encourage nor prohibit Rebecca so to be women added Mr. Bennet in pausing  briefly commencing "are not to be educated ruining any chance for marriage prospects, her mind may be ruined  with harmful thoughts ...Mr. Bennet you are encouraging the protestant beliefs.."

Mr Bennett interrupted " England has been Angclican since the early eighteen  century, though not all of us here are of the church of England Anglican Beliefs with its lax conservatism complacent principles nevertheless added our niece Rebecca shall have some intellectual learnings to prepare her mind learning selected cannot injure Rebbeca's reasonings this is presumptuous thinking added Mr. Bennett.

The Bennett's were on two opposite positions both Mr and Mrs Bennett had been distracted in their quarrels when Rebecca appeared before them till the manservant announced her as Lady Rebbeca , she Rebbeca curtsied she felt as though they were her betters yet uncomfortable upon entering in on her Aunt's uncle Bennett's quarrel she had felt she didn't fit her in this luxurious surrounding .

Mrs Bennet interrupted Rebecca attempt at a curtsey positioning her in right standing upwards ."Stand upright " spoke  sternly Arabella Bennett.

"We will have you not to bow before are presence you are to feel at home , this is your home " added Thomas Bennett with kind laughter.

"Your travels have been fair Rebecca I assume?' inquired Mrs Bennett.

"Quite fair said she Rebbeca a tad consumed with anxieties " she felt they had set high hopes for her that she were afraid she could not meet .

Mr Bennett could see their niece had promise about her though she was not very handsome in appearance her mind could be enlightened . Mrs Bennett secretly felt she'd rid her niece of those plain dressing gowns and perhaps her belongings she'd been quite pleased she had inquired of the dressmaker and secured an appointment .

"I'm sure , the coach and your long distance has tired your disposition James will show you to your room and inquire of you in the dinner room ." Spoke her uncle abruptly. He could she the nervousness emit from his niece though he persumed her nerves were of fatigueness.

Mr and Mrs Bennet both watched their niece dismount up the stairs before returning to each of their endeavors. Mr. Bennett had retired to his study attending his work whilst Mrs Bennett entertained her companions in the drawing room with gay cheer . Rebecca gets acquainted with her maidservant at her time here she began to write to her mother and father of her safe arriving in Milcot and on both and Her Aunt of her Uncle  welcomeness in greeting her.

Rebecca was indeed sure of her future whatever her future might entail it would be promising Balls, events and other oppertunities as for education though she felt dismayed a tad displeased she was unsure if she could meet her aunt's and uncles expectations all that had ever been encouraged of her had been reading the King James Bible though she knew other literature excited her she sat still while her maidservant styled her hair in a elegant fashon she now went from plain to eloquent a beautifully desgned dress the maid servant had made her aware that the Bennetts where entertaining tonight and she Rebecca would be in attendance. 

All her plain gowns had been taken away by her maidservant when she inquired where her belonging were being taken or kept.

"They are being done away orders from your Aunt Arabella" suggested the Maidservant impatiently.

When Rebecca became distressed the maidservant encouraged her there were gowns tailored for her in the amour then Rebecca relaxed.

Once Rebecca completed her letter to her parents she had given her maidservant who'd be attending her the letter she'd written to her parents. She was left again once more alone but she took note of the expensive furnishings of cherry oak her room was painted in an elegant fashion shade of fuschia her bed was of quality linen the mattress cane box had been sapped. Now she began to feel the quality of the mattress felt tufted which held the fillings as well as the covers together along the ends the edges were stitched .

all the more Rebbecca felt highly blessed and favored most women were sometimes blessed to be taught various things in a household of a friend and others of relatives who were of wealth she , she knew it to be blessed beyond all measures she have more then one opportunity to learn numerous things and become invited to many events she decided she would become the adopted child both her Aunt and Uncle longed for in a child .

James the maleservant from afore had come to collect her for dinner Rebbeca was quite sure since she knew her way for naught of the estate she felt anxious she hid it and placed her best appearance for her she had presumed these guests of her Aunt and Uncle were of English society and she'd be acquainted with them at dinner and or other events.

Lady Rebecca Bennett of Milcot James introduced her Rebecca fitted a smiled on her face before seating she had been unsure of if she had been to remark on anything though there were many guests presents none she had not known from Adam. She engaged with good humored conversations with a Sir John , a Countess Constance and an ever eager William who was perserverant in all her conversations to seek out a word from her person others she could not recall the names. She was aware that ever had been on her countenance she remained confident to others who beheld her composure . Though she had naught the proper upbringings many had regarded her well she was quite sure on her Uncle and Aunt Bennett standings .

 Mr and Mrs Bennett watched as their Niece or newly adopted had done incredibly well with the majority of the Londoners seated they seemed to flock to her every word . Mrs. Bennett had now taken a bite of her meal before taking her eyes off her niece conversating with the Duchess of Lancaster of upcoming social soirees .

The Duchess of Lancaster eyes had been taken on Rebecca Bennet she wondered of the young women's upbringings further before dismissing the idea all together more so forgetting once discussions were brought on by the upcoming events. 

Duke William thought this Rebecca very attractive though he knew naught why of his attraction he had normally desired blondes he beheld a beauty in her demeanor and how she spoke so clear yet firmly her laughter he would be sure to make an impression on Rebbecca Bennett .