Chapter VIII

Chapter VIII

" Sir John what surprise we should run into you at the markets, " said Mrs Bertram delighted all the more.

Sir John had kept a close eye on Rebecca person she was quite handsome in features, though one may think her very plain in weeks past she had blossomed into quite the beauty during her time in London with her skin still so slightly tanned her face they were hidden secrets which lay in her eyes.

Those secrets in which he deemed find out there was something alluring about Rebecca in these many weeks he kept quite a distance, though a watchful eye and her account in London, he known the Duke William came to visit her frequently too much for his tastes.

She greeted him fairly with a soft voice "Good Afternoon Sir John how pleasant it is to be acquainted with you.

Sir John smiled and professed it had been such a pleasure to be in her presence, placing her soft, delicate hand in his touching his lips to her soft ivory skin. He watched with amusement as her cheeks lighted with a peach glow he was so sure of.

Mrs. Bertrum thought to make a cough alerting the two parties of her presence, he Sir John apologized to Mrs. Bertram, however not Lady Rebecca he had not been sorry though he realized he acted in such rashness yet boldness it was sure to have caught many unwanted gazes there way and he was certian it was sure to be much talkamongst the ton though he never wished ay harsh gossips towardsLady Rebbeca.

Lady Rebbeca knew not what words to express on the account of the kiss which could be realized as quite scandalous and was sure to spark much unpleasant conversations towards her and the Bertram name she was doubliously shocked when Sir John had said he intended to call on her person she noted he seemed determined she had no words to form to deny him of this of his impendening visit he had not spoke of what day just simply a call . Rebecca noted how much her life ameded very much drastically from Milcot she had not a call of her person no evening parties. now she a woman of two callers and of much concentrated focus lately the talk of the ton from a dark handsome Sir John noted as cruel and pocessive not much for conversation a man of mystery darkened hair eyes as pits of coal tinged with deep crimson.

Duke William he very fair in contrast to Sir John though handsomd no mystery he was a man of much wealth a well to do man as Sir Jon however Blond hair he was a man of catch and game Lady Rebbeca knew she was apart of his game Duke William had been noted to be more interested in the hunt then the game itself it had been said there had been many in which he persued his sister Duchess Wintress called on her person she Duchess Wintress was convinced her brother had been serious in persuing Rebecca she came thrice more to dispel any notable rumors in refernce to her brother she said though charming amd of love for hunt , gentlemen clubs, card games his sister was ever so certian her brother time with Rebecca had changed him profuseley his countenance was of a different air he had left all his mistresses the Duchess Wintress was sure they made a handsome matched and warned against Sir John .

Lady Rebecca was however was much overwhelmed she had two men in her life she felt she had been obligated to choose she was very much content with being a single women she knew it was frawned upon though she was adjusting to her new life in London which most highly differs from Milcot she placed her hand to begin writing a letter to her siblings and brothers not mentioning Sis John or Duke William whom seemed ever persistant with their persuits she was in the writing room when she could her heavy footsteps approaching her her heart beat though she knew not why till it was He and there he stood in his powerful countenance.

"Hello Rebbecca" said he intently.