Chapter Four

"Come on, lets grab you some more appropriate clothes" I looked down with a blush on my face, I'd completely forgotten about what I was wearing. We walked down the corridor, getting further away from Romans office. We turned a corner and walked a bit before she stopped at a door and entered. It was a fairly big room with a little fireplace with a sofa sitting in front of it. A wardrobe sat in the corner of the room with a little dressing table not far from it. A double bed with black and white swirls on the cover sat to the left of the room.

"I'm Lana, you?"

"Alex"

"Well, welcome to hell, not literally of course but it might as well be. I'm sure the King has filled you in on the rules, be sure to never forget them. Trust me, you do not want to forget, I've seen what happens if you do"

"W-what happened?" I hesitantly asked.

"The king had bought this girl off of one of his friends, he was such a bastard, he was so cruel. I thought that she was being saved until she forgot one of the rules. You're supposed to wake him up at 7 every morning. We'd all  had a long night cleaning up after one of his parties and she overslept. Because he wasn't woken up in time, he missed an important meeting, she was whipped as punishment. Spent a week in our personal hospital"

Shit. why is he such an asshole. what made him this way?  "Wow. what in the world made him this way?"

"My mum only told me little bits. Quite some years ago, he had two best friends, known each other since they were children. One night they were murdered, she never said why but ever since that night, he's turned dark, lashed out his anger on anyone and for any reason. My mum told me that he was a kind man and then they died".

"Wait, your mum is here? How long have you been here?".

She rifled through her wardrobe as she answered me.

"I was born here, my mum was taken a couple of years before I was born, their chef had died and they needed a new one, enter my mother".
Lana seemed around my age so her mum has been here for over 20 years. Am I going to be here that long? Lana turned around with some clothes in her hands, she handed me them,

"These should fit you, we seem about the same size, there's a bathroom right there for you to change and freshen up if you want, there's towels in there as well if you'd like a shower" I smiled at her and thanked her before walking towards the bathroom. I stopped quickly remembering about the collar around my neck,

"is this thing going to be alright with the water, since it electrocutes me"

She sighed and shook her head,
"That man and his devices, it'll be ok honey, don't worry"
I sighed with relief as I walked into the bathroom and locking the door before I took a deep breath. This is all crazy, if someone had told me a week ago that id be kidnapped and then brought by the king of vampires, I'd have laughed in their face. It just doesn't seem real. I took another deep breath before I made my way over to the shower and turned it on.

I stripped my underwear off and got in once the water warmed up. it felt so good to shower and scrub my skin clean. A couple of minutes later and I was out and wrapped up in a big fluffy towel. A knock at the door sounded before Lana called,

"There should be a spare toothbrush in one of the drawers you can use"

"thank you" I called back.

I looked through the drawers until I found a toothbrush still in it's packaging. I quickly brushed my teeth before putting on the clothes Lana gave me. A black set of underwear, the bra was a size too small but the cami top I was given was a bit thin, so I wore it anyway. Don't exactly want my nipples making themselves known.