Chapter Eight

Id been here almost a week now, apparently I arrived on Monday and it was now Saturday. I've actually got a day to myself, no cleaning, no cooking. Everyone had to get their own food at the weekend so that saved me seeing Roman for while. Since that little stunt he pulled earlier in the week, I've learnt that it's easier to just do as he says. I've backchatted at some points but not enough to get thrown off a balcony again. I thought it was best that way. I need to get away from this place and back home. I miss my parents so much, they must be beside themselves. I asked Lana about if she ever thought about trying to leave and she said there would be no point, her and her mother were born here. This is their home, their lives. They would never cope with normal society. 

I was just finishing my breakfast when Lana came waltzing in grinning like a Cheshire cat. 

"Come on, we're going on a trip" car keys swung from her fingers. I furrowed my eyebrows and gave her a confused look, . "Where are we going?" "Nah ah, its a surprise" she said wagging her finger. I had no reason to not trust Lana, if Roman wanted me dead I highly doubt he'd get Lana to do his dirty work. I shrugged my shoulders and said ok before following her out of the house. Sitting outside parked in the driveway was a bulky black Range Rover. It was then that I had an idea. The road down to the bottom had forest on either side of it. I remember being in one of the bedrooms I clean and seeing a long slightly curved road going downhill. I couldn't quite see the bottom but I hoped that maybe if I could somehow get out of the car on the way down, I could lose Lana in the woods and find my way to a main road and get help. 

Walking towards the car, Lana walked round to the drivers side and I caught sight of the back wheel. With quick thinking, I bent down shouting that I was tying my shoe lace and had a quick look round before pulling the cap that secured the tires air as hard as I could. Just a few seconds and the cap came loose before I could hear a slight hissing. Fingers crossed that the tire flattened in time. Jumping into the passenger side, I buckled myself in. The car rumbled to life before we pulled off and made our way down the winding road. "So where exactly are we going?" I pestered again. 

"No, come on just humour me will you? Trust me though, it's a nice surprise ok?" Lana giggled. I nodded in agreement and looked out the window. "So how old are you again Alex?"

"I'm 17, I should be 18 soon but I've lost track of the date, my birthdays 28th February"

"Well todays the 22nd, we should definitely throw you a party! Hopefully Roman will give his permission and allow us on a night out, the clubs here are crazy. They're the perfect way to celebrate your birthday" She beamed with excitement, I could see the escapades already zooming through her mind. I just glared at her, "The perfect way to spend my birthday would to be with my parents, which I would very much like to do but you people seem to think being stuck here to all daises and sunshine" I spat out quite horridly to her. 

I saw her face soften before looking at me with sad eyes, "I'm sorry about what happened to you, I truly am but there's no way for you to get back to where you came from. You need a gatekeeper for that and Roman would never give the ok"

My brows furrowed as I caught what she said. "What'd you mean I need a Gatekeeper? Where are we?" Lana took her eyes off of the road for a second to give me a questioning glance, "Has no one told you? We're in a different realm, you're from what is called Hominum. This realm is called Fabula. We're all still technically on Earth, just different versions of it. Like I was saying, only the Gatekeepers have the power to travel between the realms or if you're lucky, you'll stumble across one but they only appear to people who truly aren't looking for it"

My mouth just dropped. I was stunned, for once I had no words. First I'm kidnapped by vampires and bought by the king of them and now I find out that I'm in a completely different realm to where I'm from and that there's no way for me to get home. Life can literally suck my dick. I mean what the actual fuck, what did I do to deserve this?