Chapter 3: Anxiety

Papyrus made it to Waterfall in ten minutes and still had to walk to Undyne's. He texted her before hand to let her know that he'd left and that he'd be a while. When he first arrived in Waterfall, he took notice of Sans' supposed second "job", which looked a lot like a sentry station to him. He was suddenly reminded of Sans and the possible danger he faced being home alone. But Undyne wouldn't be happy at all, not that she was now, if Papyrus turned around and went back home. Once he was past the station, he walked on and on until he came across a statue. A strange statue. It was in the rain, looking depressed, with no way out...

(....kinda like you....)

Kind of like me...

Papyrus walked up to the statue and decided against his better judgement to sit down by it. There were no other monsters around,(....go figure....) so why not? He then pulled out his phone and texted Undyne.

"To: Undyne

From: Papyrus

Subject: A Little Late...

Sorry Undyne. I'm doing something right now. It should only take a few minutes. I just need some time to think. I'll be there a bit later than you'd like. Again, I apologize. See you as soon as possible!

<:) "

Papyrus was hesitant to hit send, but in the end he did. He hit it as quick as possible and dropped the phone to the ground. He then looked up at the statue and, as if sending a mental message, nodded to it and looked to the ground in the same area as the statue. The rain falling over the statue splattered and began to fall on Papyrus. Papyrus, despite not ever truly feeling rain, was more than happy to share the statue's pain. Despite the inanimate characteristic of the statue, he finally felt as though someone understood him, even if they didn't exist, or know he existed. Suddenly, his phone rang.

He knew who it was.

To: Papyrus

From: Undyne

Subject: WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

Listen Pap. I get you're not feeling well, but GET OVER HERE DAMN IT!!! Don't make me come find you!!!

>:(

To: Undyne

From: Papyrus

Subject: Start Looking.

Find me if you will, because I have something to do. I'm finally somewhere where I feel safe, so do what you want, but if you don't search, than you'll have to wait. I'm sorry.

Papyrus hit send and placed his phone down. In seconds, just as he suspected, Undyne sent another text saying that she's gonna look for him. He didn't respond. He didn't bother to get up either. he just sat there next to the statue, sharing its trapped feeling. Tears began to form in his eyes and no monsters were around. He felt safe to cry here.

So he did. He cried calmly at first, following the speed of the rain. His chest felt lighter as each tear fell. Suddenly, the rain started to fall harder, splattering more droplets on him. That's when he began to sob. His crying was loud in the empty space around him. He cried out in the open, finally feeling safe to do so. This statue was the only one who understood him. He cried loudly, not caring anymore. Orange tears stained the grey glove as he caught them in his hands, which soon slipped off as if his hands were glass, leaving no trace of orange. He heaved and choked on sobs and didn't hesitate to cry anymore. He felt so much better now. The rain drops created a rhythm that he was almost familiar with. He paused his crying to listen to the song that it played. For once, the voice in his head was not there with him. His scarf was wet with rain and tears, all except for the grey section that Sans had touched. Finally, Papyrus stopped being so tense.