Chapter Two: Starvation

Papyrus woke up the next morning feeling not even a little better. He got up to retrieve his scarf from the floor, ignoring(...not seeing...)the grey area that clearly stained it. Once his scarf was around his neck he placed his hand on the door and steadied himself before exiting. He was still dizzy and didn't remember what had happened. All he remembers doing is crying and falling asleep. He only remembers crying because his pillow is still soaked. He was still sick to his non-existent stomach and now he was also starving. But would he eat? He then opened the door and was startled to see his brother asleep to the right of his bedroom door.

"Did he really sleep in the hallway?" Papyrus thought.

Just then, Sans woke up. He blinked his eyes lazily and turned to his right only to see Papyrus.

"Bro!" Sans thought. His eye-sockets widened in relief and happiness and he jumped to his feet.

"Hey Pap!" said Sans. "Thank Asgore you're up! I thought you DIED in that bed!"

"Oh. Um..." Papyrus responded.

"Hey! Are you feeling any better? I heard you crying last night. You might as well have been yelling! I thought you were badly hurt!"

Damn it!

"Oh,y-yeah!" said Papyrus. "Of course I feel better! I was just a little sick, remember?"

"Ha! A little sick?" Sans said sarcastically. "You might as well have lost your limbs! You were so loud!"

"O-oh, yeah. Sorry." Papyrus said.

"Well, if you have any problems let me know." Sans requested(....demanded....) "And you better!"

"S-sure thing brother!"

Please just let me get out of this this is the worst conversation I've ever had I'm scared I don't know what to do I'm running out of breath someone help me!!!

Suddenly, Papyrus heard his phone ring downstairs.

"Oh yeah! Undyne called last night cause you didn't show up!" Sans said. "She wants to talk to you!"

Undyne!

Papyrus speed walked down the stairs and rushed to his phone. Once he got to it he answered immediately. He didn't expect a happy Undyne to answer.

"H-hello, Undy-?"

"PAPYRUS!!!!" she yelled. "Where WERE YOU!!! I CALLED SANS AND HE TOLD ME YOU WERE HURT!!! HE SAID YOU WERE YELLING!!! I COULD HEAR YOU OVER THE OTHER END!!! ARE YOU OKAY?!?!"

Papyrus flinched. Undyne was always loud when talking, but that didn't mean he was relatively used to it. His hunger didn't help.

"O-OH! Um, yes Undyne!" Papyrus said, trying to hide his fatigue. "Sorry for worrying you! I just didn't feel to well! That's all!" (....that's right....lie to your trainer too...cause she's all about understanding....forgiveness is totally one of her vocabulary words.....)

"You BETTER be okay!!!" Undyne shouted. "Cause you've NEVER skipped a cooking lesson, even when you WERE sick!!! You better have been badly sick, poisoned even, cause that's the only explanation I'll except from YOU!!!! In fact...Come over here RIGHT NOW!!!! You're gonna EXPLAIN yourself!!!"

Oh no...

"Um, U-Undyne?" Papyrus asked anxiously. "C-could I maybe wait for a bit? I-I haven't eaten yet."

Undyne was even more worried now. "Not even your spaghetti?"

"N-no. I wasn't hungry at the moment."