Chapter 4: Isolation

Papyrus woke up to the sound of speaking. Two voices talking, mentioning his name over and over. 

(....fucking finally.....you bastard...you made them worry....you're a horrible excuse for a friend...they must have been desperate to be friends with you!...)

Papyrus groaned. What the hell? The voice had gotten more violent. He had no idea why, but it sounded more aggressive than before. It was never THIS bad before. Usually, even when it swore, it never said stuff like this. Papyrus tried to ignore it and sat upward. When he did, he heard his name, twice.

"PAPYRUS!!" Sans and Undyne said in unison. Relief rang in their voices. It was obvious that he had scared them. Damn it! Why was he such a screw up!?

God damn it!!! Why do I do this to them?! WHY!?!?

Papyrus would have hit himself if there weren't others, specifically his friends, there. He could only imagine what they must be thinking right now.

(....they probably hate you....and they should....!..)

They really should...

Papyrus decided not to speak. He felt that he had no right anymore. He felt that if he spoke, he'd ruin whatever trust of these two he had left, if he had any.

(...you shouldn't have any!...)

I agree...

Papyrus began to stand up. He knew he was in Undyne's house the second his eyes opened. He wanted to leave. He felt he had no right to be in the house of his "friend". He felt worthless. He was worthless...

(...you ARE worthless!!!....)

I know I am. That's why I'm leaving.....

Well, he WAS leaving, until Undyne grabbed his arm.

"HEY!!! P-Pap..." she said. She shouted at first, but calmed down once she saw his expression. "Y-..you okay? You look..."

"Horrible...I know...." he responded. He was tired of these people trying to hide himself from him when he can't even escape. It was all pointless. "I always do."

(yes....you do!...)

I know I do...You don't need to tell me...

(..yes I do you idiot!!..If I don't...you won't have an excuse to properly shame yourself...I'm your only redemption...)

I know you are...I only feel redemption when you yell at me..But sometimes I would like you to shut up!

(..then don't talk!...)

Papyrus was about to think of a witty remark, but it was true. The voice was his, and if it were to be quiet, he'd have to be quiet. But it was hard to be quiet in your head.

"Papyrus..." Sans said. Papyrus looked at him with empty eyes dripping with pain and suffocating sadness. "B-bro? What's wrong? What do you mean you ALWAYS look horrible. You never look horrible."

(..empty words...)

I know they are...

Papyrus has had enough lying. He had to leave. He was GOING to leave! Papyrus forcefully tore his arm from Undyne's strong grip, nearly dislocating it!

"PAPYRUS?!" Undyne screamed angrily. "GET BACK HERE!!!!" She began to stomp after him.

Papyrus had had enough.

"WHAT?! What do you WANT?!" Papyrus didn't hide his annoyance and rage. Undyne was taken aback. She receded a few small steps.

"P-pap?" she said weakly.