Chapter 13: Tea and Flowers....

The Underground was full of horror....

The CORE had overreacted.....

And a deadly storm ensued......

Taking affect on EVERYONE.......

......

However....

There were no fatalities.....

The affected monsters?

Healed by time.

The human?

A false alarm.

There was nothing. No one...

......

..........

Right.........?

All of the commotion with the storm had subtly died down. Many sick monsters got better instantly. Those few who didn't were sent to Alphys, as she was one of the ones who was cured quickly. 

"Luckily Sans healed fast...." muttered Papyrus, who on the other hand, wasn't so lucky. He, however, didn't go to Alphys. He felt safer at home, staying in bed until it wore off, which was taking a while. 

Mettaton was named the hero of the Underground for having successfully fixed the CORE himself. Normally, Mettaton would bask in the fame and glory, but now he was just happy that mostly everyone was alright. Hugging Alphys, he tried his best not to be smothered by his fans, even though he did appreciate them. 

Meanwhile, at Grillby's, Sans woke with a start! He'd fallen asleep on the bar counter overnight, and now noticed the royal dogs were no longer in pain and heading home. Once he noticed this, he sprang up, said goodbye to a sleeping Grillby, and ran home, worried that using magic would sicken him again. Bursting through the door he noticed Undyne, barely conscious, lifting herself off the floor. Running to her, he frantically asks about Papyrus.

"IS HE OKAY!?"

"I...I-I don't know...*cough cough*"

Although he felt a bit guilty, he ran passed Undyne and straight to Papyrus, gasping at how sickly he looked.

"Pap!!!" Sans shouted, running to his brother's side. Papyrus's only response was a weak cough. However, his eyes were somewhat...happy?

"S-sans..." Papyrus muttered. "You're alright...."

"Forget ME Pap! Look at YOU!!! You look terrible!!! Did the magic storm affect you too?!"

"M-maybe....?" Papyrus didn't really know how to respond. In fact, he barely heard himself speak, and repeated the word "Maybe..." a bit louder, just to pleasure himself with the sense that he wasn't deaf...yet. Papyrus had many irrational fears, and going deaf was one of them. How was it irrational? Because he thought that even the simplest of things would strip him of his hearing.

His thoughts were interrupted as Sans let out a harsh yell.

"WE NEED TO GET YOU TO ALPHYS!!!" Sans pulled out his phone only to have Papyrus grab it away gently, but quickly.

"I don't wanna go to Alphys..." Papyrus huffed out. His words were so quiet.

"W-what?"

"I don't wanna go, Sans...I get that I'm sick but....I don't wanna go. I WON'T go."

"But Papyrus-!!!"

"Sans, please!!" Papyrus's words were harsher this time. He was serious.

"....*sigh* Alright bro, but I plan on having her set up a camera in the house later to catch whoever keeps attacking you! So she WILL come over, even if she doesn't see you! So don't throw a fit about it!" Sans wasn't being too aggressive, but he was definitely getting his message through. Afterwards, he walked off angrily. As he reached the door he looked back to see Papyrus wrapping himself deeper in the covers. He was freezing. A bead of sweat dripped down Sans's skull as he muttered "Sorry bro..." and gently shut the door.