Chapter 12: Brotherhood

Once they arrived home, Sans put Papyrus in bed again and phoned Alphys to tell her everything that happened and that everything was okay now. Well, everything except the "True Lab" nonsense. Afterwards, he went back downstairs and tried to come up with ideas of what to do for Papyrus. His brother deserved to know he was cared for, and Sans would be the one to show him how important he really was! Sans knew he wasn't the best cook, but he still could make something. He decided to actually make soup considering Papyrus hadn't been feeling well. Almost sick, actually. And that whole True Lab experience would DEFINITELY have shaken him badly, so it was best for him to eat something that could strengthen him. Sans looked around the house, realizing how dirty it was. Maybe he could clean it for Papyrus. He should also pick up his sock. It has always been giving Pap a hard time. There were many things Papyrus did daily that he could do FOR him, but Sans had to remember that he wasn't a workaholic like his brother, so he should take things slow! Sans also remembered to give himself limitations as to what he can do. After the attack, Sans decided that he can no longer leave his brother home alone during his depression, as bad stuff always happens to him! He had horrible luck. It's as if the universe has had some grudge against Papyrus, and now it's taking advantage of his state of weakness. 

"Maybe I should talk to Alphys 'bout installing a camera in the house or something." stated Sans as he went through the kitchen, looking for a pot. He decided soup was ultimately a good decision. He chose to make tomato since Papyrus used tomatoes in his spaghetti sauce, and because there weren't a ton of things to make soup out of in the Underground. After a few minutes of searching, he finally found a pot under the super high sink.....as well as a damn dog!

"HEY!" Sans shouted as the dog took a bone in his mouth. "Put that DOWN!"

On a normal day, after a normal reset, Sans would never really care for the dog. But now, he wasn't going to let anymore things ruin Papyrus's stuff or his day! The dog ran as quick as he could, but Sans caught it with his magic. His own magic may be weaker than Pap's, but it could still catch stuff.  Once he had the dog, he snatched the bone and threw the mutt out the door. When he was back at the sink, he put the bone on the highest shelf and grabbed the pot, placing it on the stove. As he looked for some tomatoes in the fridge, he wondered what could've possibly happened to turn his happy, optimistic, energetic little brother into a sick, suffering, saddened, and bedridden monster. Did the resets have something to do with it? The kid has reset at least twenty times now. Maybe the whole messing with time thing slowly weakened Pap and made him sick over time. If that was the case, Sans SWORE on his LIFE that he'd KILL the kid!!! Resetting and hurting his brother and shit?! NOT happening!!! Screw the promise he made to the old lady every time!! He was NOT gonna let this little brat ruin his innocent little brother!!! 

He scowled in anger as he continued to search, and finally noticed that there were none.

"Damn it!" Sans growled. "I can't leave Pap alone! It'll just put him in more danger!! Wait..." He stopped to think for a second. "Maybe I could call Undyne. Yeah! I'll do that!!"

Taking out his phone, he found Undyne almost right away, and hit her number ready to call. However, he was interrupted by-

"WHERE'S PAPYRUS?!?!" Undyne shouted, breaking through the window. Sans dropped his phone in surprise and almost fell backwards. 

"U-Undyne! Calm down! H-he's fi-"

"WHO'S THE BASTARD THAT HURT HIM!?!"

"Undyne!! Stop!!! I do-"

"WHERE IS HE!?!?"

"UNDYNE!!!!!" 

That made her stop.

"CALM DOWN!!! PAPYRUS IS-!!! *sigh* Papyrus is fine. I found him. He's here. The person who harmed him is gone. We don't know who or where they are. All we know is that they're gone. But listen to me!! Pap is asleep, so calm down! Also, I need ya for something."