Chapter 10- Something New

**The Next Morning**

My alarm clock goes off and I struggle to find the off button without getting out of my comfortable position. I decide to get up and press off before I have a headache on my return to school. I run to the bathroom to pee and brush my teeth. I look at my hair in the mirror and think of what I can do to it.

I'll figure it out later. I go to one of my suitcases and find a dress. I find a fitted turquoise dress with a flare up at the bottom. I put on my gold 'boss' necklace and earrings and find my lace black pointed flats. I look at my outfit in the mirror and can't help but do a happy dance. I put edge control on my edges and lay them and put my hair in a messy bun. I look great today.

I need to find somewhere else to go instead of school with this outfit on. I take a few pictures and head downstairs. I see Kyle and Marcus playing video games and my dad is still in bed. I go downstairs and say "I'm ready" as Kyle and Marcus turn around with shocked faces.

"Damnnn." Marcus says licking his lips.

"You like papi?" I tease him and he smirks.

"Like? I love it Mamacita!" He comes up to me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Well I think we should get going. You look good Kyla. A little too good I think." Kyle says as he begins to go to the door as I skip behind him. I soon turn back as I remember I left my purse on my bed. I run to the car and get in the back.

"So how ya feeling lil sis?" Kyle asks as he begins to drive.

"I'm ok. I've been better." I shrug.

"I'm sure you'll get better when you get to school and see your boyfriend."

"Who is that, exactly?" I raise my eyebrows.

"You know, Alex." He smirks as Marcus fidgets a little in his seat.

"Well how are you feeling about seeing your best friends again?" Marcus clears his throat and changes the subject.

"Well someone seems a little jealous." I say to Marcus."

"Kyle, she's talking to you."

"I'm pretty sure she's talking to you dude." Kyle snaps back.

"You know I'm talking to you Marcus."

" I already told you how I feel about you two and so did Alex." I was confused at first and realized he must have overheard my conversation with Alex.

I roll my eyes and begin to scroll through my Instagram. When we get to school Marcus opens the door for me. I say thanks and begin to walk in the school. When we get inside a lot of people are saying "they're sorry for our loss." Marcus wraps his arms around my shoulders and girls attitude seem to change from sympathetic to ugh.

He comes close to my ear and asks me if I'm alright. I nodded and tried to forget about my deceased mother. I finally see Jacob who seems a mile away. I stop in my tracks and he does the same. We run towards each other as if we're in a movie. Marcus stays behind and laughs.

When we finally meet in the middle we hug each other very tight. Tears begin to fall down my face as realize I really missed this gay bastard.