Epilogue

5 years later

I slip on my sweats and put my hair up. I head over to the bed and yawn. I guess this is a better time than ever to catch up on some reading. After a long day of work I deserve this.

After reading for a while I hear Jake and Kaylan come in. They run upstairs and I see them at the door before they jump on the bed.

"Mommy!" Kaylan shouts. "I have a story."

"Babe I have a story too." Jack shouts after her.

"I was first!"

"So!"

"Stop you guys. There is enough time for both of your stories but first let's head down for dinner." I say while Jack heads down as me and Kaylan follow. "Hey babe."

"Hey. Woah you're gonna bust any time soon." Jack says kissing me and rubbing my stomach.

"I know. He kicked today."

"I missed it."

"Sadly you did." I say as he pulls out a chair and we all sit down to eat. "You said you had a story Kay?"

"Oh yes." She smiles. "Today at preschool this little girl had a big cup of juice."

"She did you say?"

"Hhm mhm. And she ran down to the other room and the juice spilled everywhere!"

"Aah! And then what happened?"

"And then Mrs. Regan came down and saw it and she got in trouble."

"Maybe she should've been more careful."

"Yea."

~*~

After dinner I take the plates when Jack stops me.

"I got it babe." He says as I smile.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Yea. I'm not letting my pregnant wife, who by the way could bust at any minute, do all the work."

"Thanks babe." I say kissing his cheek.

"Go on upstairs and get comfortable." I head upstairs to the bed room turning on the TV.

"Mommy! I'm ready to be tucked in!" I hear Kaylan yell as I get up. Never realized how tiring it is until I finally had a child. I know the one I'm pregnant with isn't the last one though.

"Here I come baby!" I say as I head to her room. I make it in to see her sitting on her bed. "Bed time story?"

"Yes please." She says as I pick a book off of her bookshelf.

"Would you like to hear about Horton who hears a who or what happens when you give a mouse a cookie?"

"O! O! What happens when you give a mouse a cookie!"

"Okay okay." I say picking her up and placing her on the edge of my lap.

After I read her the story I put the book back.

"Can I give him a kiss?" She asks as I'm about to tuck her in.

"Who?" I ask. She points to my stomach and I smile. "Of course. He is going to be your little brother after all."

She kisses me stomach and whispers something.

"What'd you say?" I ask placing the covers over her.

"I said he's going to be a very lucky little brother." She smiles.

"I'm sure he is." I smile and kiss her on the forehead.

"Goodnight mommy!"

"Good night Kaylan. Sweet dreams and sleep tight." I say leaving the room. I go back into the bedroom to see Jake changing.

"See that's the reason why I'm pregnant now." I say pointing at him. He laughs.

"No. You're pregnant because I'm irresistible." He was winks.

"You sure are babe." I say sarcastically while heading to the bed.

"Hey babe I have a question." He plops down next to me as I look over at him.

"What?" I ask curious to see what he'll say.

"Are you happy we got married?"

"Of course I am. Why would you ask that?"

"I don't know. I just feel like you were happier with Marcus."

"Shut up. Babe we were together like ten years ago." I say sarcastically. "Plus we broke up which means it wasn't meant to be."

"Yea but we broke up too."

"Once not twice. Plus my family loves you."

"That is true and my family loves you."

"And to be honest I don't think I would've made a cuter child with anyone else."

"And one on the way."

"Yea babe. And one on the way." I smile and kiss him. "Could you pass me that bookmark?" I say pointing to the nightstand on his side of things bed.

"Sure babe." He passes it to me as I pick up my book. When I'm about to place it in the book I smile. The bookmark I was given at my mom's funeral.
I feel my eyes water and I realize I'm crying. I know she's looking down on me and I hope she's happy.

"Babe what's wrong?" Jack asks looking at me.

"I just thought about my mom." I smile.

"Aww babe." He wraps his arms around me. "I know she's proud of all you accomplished."

"Yea. I just wish she was here to tell me that." I read the bookmark.

A Letter from Heaven

If tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not here to see
If the sun shall rise to find your
Eyes filled with tears for me

I wish so much you wouldn't cry,
The way you did today
While thinking of the many things
We didn't get to say

I know how much you love me
As much as I'll love you
And each time you think of me
I know you'll miss me too

When tomorrow starts without me
Don't think we're far apart
For every time you think of me
I'm right there in you're hearts

Until we meet again............