Chapter 21- What Did I Do?

"He's a nice guy." I smile.

"Actually he isn't all that great." Jacob turns his head to the side.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean he's actually a condescending jerk."

"Are we talking about the same guy?"

"Yea about six foot one, brunette, brown eyes."

"How do you know he's a jerk?"

"Everyone knows it."

"But he's friends with Kyle."

"I don't know what to say about that. All I know is that he's a jerk."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and watch TV. Every once in a while I think about my argument with Marcus and my eyes water but I won't let it get to me. What couple doesn't argue every once in a while? The best couples argue.

I text him to see if he's okay.

*Text Conversation*

Me: hey babe just wanted to know if you were okay

Me: I know things got out of hand earlier but I just don't like when ppl lie to me. Especially when one of the people are you.

Me: please answer me babe idk what I did wrong to make you so upset and I'm sorry I yelled at you about the passing out thing let's just make sure we don't lie to each other.

Me: hello!?

Me: baaaaaeeeeee!!!!!!!

*End of text conversation*

A tear rolls down my eye as Jaylen comes over to comfort me.

"He'll eventually get over it." She rubs my back.

"But when?" I wipe my eyes and she brings me close. Jacob comes over to join the hug and they hold me until the tears stop rolling. "It's getting pretty late you guys should go."

"We can stay if you want us to."

"Yea we can stay." Jacob smiles.

"No I don't want to be the reason you wake up looking like a zombie with bags and eye boogers tomorrow." We laugh and I escort them out. I go to my room and turn off the TV.

It's only nine twenty nine but I feel like it's midnight. I sit in the dark and think about all of this. First I lose my mom and now I'm losing my boyfriend. I need to calm down. It was just a few arguments, nothing too major.

He'll eventually come around. At least I hope.

*The Next Morning*

I do my morning routine and fix some coffee.

"Woah woah sweetie what are you doing?" My dad comes into the kitchen.

"I just really need some coffee." I pour a cup as it almost overflows.

"Still sleepy?"

"I got absolutely no sleep last night."

"What happened?"