Chapter 12- Just Thinking About it

Just thinking about the incident made my eyes water. I turn from him and wipe my eyes.

"I gotta go do something. You guys know what time to leave." The instructor says putting down the phone and leaving. "Don't get out of your seat. At all."

I'm confused, he should know we're gonna talk and even get up. I look back at Jaylen as I see she's talking to some guy. Typical Jaylen.

"Hey listen just hear me out please." Jack pleads. I turn away and ignore his pleading.

"Fine don't listen but I'm gonna talk. I know you're probably still mad about what I did to you a couple years ago but I love you and I've never loved anyone like I love you. I was drunk, young, and stupid. I really wanna be with you. I went to another school to avoid the dirt from your family. I couldn't stay away from you any longer. You're still mad but your brother and his friends are fine with me." At this point I can't hold it in.

"You wanna know why they're cool with you? Huh? They're only this way because they don't know how much you hurt me they don't know that you were the reason I lied awake at night thinking about what I did wrong. And even the stupid reason why I thought about suicide. I believed you jack, I trusted you, I loved you. You don't know what you did to me and how it took a toll on me. So don't come back down here and think that you can sweet talk me back into your arms just so my heart can be broken again. You happy now? I spoke to you." I almost yell.

He looks surprised at my harsh but true words.

"I never knew that what I did to you had such an effect on you. Let me make it up to you. I wanna prove to you that I love you and that I wanna be with you." I turn away as the bell rings. I go to the lunchroom with nothing but food and my friends on my mind.

I go to the table to tell Jaylen and Jacob what happened when jack comes to sit at our table. I'm about to say something when my brother and his friends interrupt me.

"Well well well, looks like the gang's back together." My brother says.

"You know it." Jack says smiling at me. They do their handshakes as Marcus comes to sit by me.

"What are you doing tonight?" He whispers in my ear.

"Nothing that I know of why?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I wanna see you."

"You see me now."

"You have no idea what I'm thinking about doing to you."

"Oh Mars you naughty naughty boy."

"You gonna teach me a lesson."

"We'll see baby." He rubs my thighs under the table. My brother clears his throat as Jack fidgets in his seat.

"Ok you love birds calm down we're tryna eat." My brother interrupts. Jack squints his eyes from across me as I keep a straight hard face.

"So how's it going Jack?" Marcus asks.

"It's okay I guess it could be better but I can't complain." He shrugs.

"Any special lady?"

"Nope not in a relationship but there's this one girl I just can't stop thinking about." He looks directly at me.

"Why don't you talk to her?"

"I tried, she's playing hard to get."

"Typical."

"You guys got anything planned tonight?"

"Nah man you wanna come over?" Kyle asks.

"Umm why don't you go over his house Kyle?" I ask trying to keep Jack out the of the house.