Chapter 13- What You Really Mean to Me

I lay awake that night thinking about how stupid I am. I can't do this with Jack no matter how good it feels. I know I'm not with Marcus officially but Jack still hasn't proven to me that he'll change. The guys are downstairs having fun.

I hear someone knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"The sex god." I know that Jack says it.

"Come in." I laugh.

"Whatcha doing?" He asks as he sits on the bed.

"Just thinking."

"About?"

"Just I don't know just life I guess."

"Have you made up your mind yet?"

"About what?"

"You know us?"

"Jack remember when I yelled at you at the party before walking out of the room and crying."

"Not really."

"Well I said I would never forgive you so that should answer your question."

"Come on you know I'm the only one for you."

"Relationships aren't just about sex."

"I know that and we had more than just sex. We had a connection."

"I have a connection with Marcus."

"Yea but when it comes down to the wire. Do you really wanna spend the rest of your life with Marcus?"

"You think I wanna spend the rest of my life with someone that broke my heart and made me cry for years, still crying now, either?"

"You're only focusing on the bad things. There were good things in the relationship too."

"Oh really because all I remember is when you tore my heart into pieces."

"Come on remember when we celebrated our three year anniversary."

"Okay that was fun I guess."

"You know it was fun. And there's more where that came from. Come on just give me another chance."

"I can't do that to Marcus he's really been there for when I needed him. He was there for me when my mom died. He's always been there when you weren't. He was the one that made me feel better that night that you broke my heart."

"Listen you know I loved your mom. She was an angel. Every since we were young I always looked at her like a mother figure."

"Yea whatever."

"Listen I know you said that Marcus has been here for you but I was there for you when your parents split and when you weren't able to see your brothers and dad."

"Yea I guess you were."

"You bet $20,000 I was there. I'll always be there for you. The only reason I wasn't there for you these last few years were because I saw that you blocked me and I just didn't know how to contact you. And since my family had moved I couldn't come visit you."

"Ok Jack whatever."

"I'm so serious. I didn't even know I hurt you that night because I didn't. The drugs someone gave me did. I never slept with that girl because I realized she wasn't you and I didn't want that. At my other school I never went out with any other girl because I didn't want them. I wanted you, I want you."

"Jack I just can't I mean Marcus had been there."

"What about when he moved."

"It's okay because he explained it to me and he never went with anyone else while he was gone."