Chapter 17: Welcome Back

Pain. So much pain. Pain was all I knew. It was all I felt.

I could see Alpha's body. I could see his blood staining the metal at my feet. Yet there was nothing I could do to help him. His blood was already purple and his breathing was shallow. When he took his last breath, his once lively eyes turned dull.

I knew Jay was carrying me. Why couldn't he just leave me to die? I was so sick of living at the expense of others. His voice was slurred, but I knew he was telling me to stay awake. I wonder why...

......................................................................

I was watching Silver's restless sleep and wondering what she was dreaming of when Rain comes in.

"I called Creed," she says. "He wants his truck back."

I frown at this news. Great.

"So that's what you will be doing today," she states. I begin to protest, but she declares. "It's been a week Jay! Just go get them and you can all come back here."

I sigh and do as I'm told. I hear her mutter something about teenagers as I walk out the door.

......................................................................

"Jay!" Creed shouts when I enter the warehouse that I had lived in for the past ten years. "I can't believe you did this!"

"Sorry," I mutter.

Zack smirks at me from the couch and I knew that he was extremely pleased with the fact that I was in trouble. Beside him, sat Jaden who followed him but hardly said anything.

"You steal the truck and return to Rain's house with the world's most wanted werewolf!" Creed exclaims. "Are you out of your mind?"

"Perhaps he is," Legend says. Patting me on the shoulder, he adds, "Welcome to the club kid."

Creed takes away Legend's beer and mutters, "That's enough for you, cousin."

Legend complains but shuts up when Creed glares at him. "Why would you do this Jay?"

"I don't know," I answer honestly. Even up until now, I wasn't completely sure as to why I had helped her.

Creed sighs, obviously disappointed. "Everybody load up. It looks like we're going to Rain's house."