Chapter 27: Hidden Scars

I just couldn't help myself. This song is called Battle Scars and I love it! I was going to add it to one of the last three chapters and it took me forever to choose which one. Finally I settled on this one and you will soon see why the choice was difficult.

_________________________________________

I wake up to the sound of the door opening. I look up to see Creed walking in with a blanket. This must mean that it is morning. He raises an eyebrow and tosses the blanket towards me. Without another word, he leaves.

Well that was awkward. I probably would've been in a bit of shock if I had walked into this scene too. Jay had finally shifted back into a human and was laying beside me with his arms wrapped around me.

I turn red, knowing that he's nude, and reach for the blanket. I frown, realizing it's out of reach, and carefully remove his arms from me. Surprisingly, I manage to untangle myself from him without waking him. I suppose the shifting had left him exhausted. I grab the blanket and put it over him.

Pleased, I sit and watch him. Something told me it is rare for him to sleep in, so I took the time to study him while I can. He looked peaceful even though I knew the floor wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep.

About another hour later, he finally wakes up. His brown eyes look around tiredly until they rest upon me. Self-consciously, he wraps the blanket around himself more.

"I told you to stay outside," he says.

I frown. "I told you I could help."

He shakes his head and stands up. I notice that he makes sure the blanket covers his back at all times. Should I ask about his scars? How would he react? What if I made him mad?

"I know what you're thinking," he says, "and I don't want to talk about it."

He has already left the room before I can reply.

......................................................................

I can't believe that she went inside anyways! Well, actually I could. She is the type of person who would disobey you simply because she thinks it's for the best.

I didn't like knowing that she has seen me naked either. It was only a matter of time before she asked about the scars. I didn't want to talk about them. The memories were nearly as painful as the whip that made them.

I sigh and head outside, now fully dressed. No matter what, the conversation would come up eventually.