Chapter 25: Good Morning

I wake to the fact that I'm cold. Looking around, I realize that Jay's gone. Had it all been a dream? I feel the spot next to me. It's still slightly warm which meant that last night had been very real.

I get up and change out of nightclothes. Then I head downstairs. How early is it? I couldn't tell since there are no windows, but I hoped it wasn't too early. The last thing I wanted to do was wake everybody up.

"Good morning," I here someone behind me say, causing me to jump. I turn to see the guy called Zack. He smirks. "Well I didn't expect you to have a heart attack."

"What do you want?" I ask, frowning.

"Rude," he says. "I just wanted to remind you that it's a full moon tonight. Therefore, all the mutts must be locked up."

"What?"

"Well we humans don't want to be eaten," he explains. "So we lock the werewolves in a nice cold cage until morning."

I half-shift and growl at him. How dare he talk to me like this?

He smiles. "I see Jay isn't the only werewolf with a temper."

I move to attack him but am grabbed from behind. I pull against whoever it is, wanting to punch Zack in the face more than anything.

"Silver stop it," Jay murmurs in my ear. I immediately stop and, after a moment, he lets me go.

"Sorry," I mutter to him and glare at Zack.

Jay also glares at him. "You should watch what you say Zack."

Zack shrugs. "I simply spoke the truth."

Jay pulls me away from him but not before I can glare at him one more time. I wish I could slap that smirk off his face.

"I know Zack's a pain, but you're going to have to get used to him," Jay says as we walk to the kitchen.

"If he calls me a mutt one more time I'm going to rip his stupid little head off," I growl. I notice that Jay is trying to hide a smile and smile myself.

"He really shouldn't call you that," he states. "He calls me that because I'm only half werewolf."

I nod, remembering the story of his human father and werewolf mother. I had never even met them and yet I still hated their guts for what they had done to Jay.

Jay opens up the fridge. "Are you hungry?"

I smile and nod my head. He looks around. "Would you like some cereal, some oatmeal, or some more cereal?"

"Such a hard decision," I say sarcastically. "I believe cereal is the ultimate choice here."

He smiles. "Would you like Cheerios or Fruity Pebbles?"

"Oh no," I whine, pretending to complain. "So many choices."

"The choice is easy," Legend states, taking a seat at the table. "Cheerios are for skinny people and Fruity Pebbles are for those who are fat and just don't care."

I burst into laughter. "I think I'm going to have to have Cheerios anyways."

"Girls," Legend says, rolling his eyes. Jay pours two bowls of Cheerios with milk and takes a seat at the table. I join him and we eat the rest of our breakfast in silence.

"Good morning," Creed says as he takes a seat at the table. "Where's Zack?"

Legend, using his spoon as a catapult, sends a spoonful of Fruity Pebbles flying at Creed. Creed ducks and glares at him.

Legend whistles as if nothing had happened and answers, "He's off brooding somewhere most likely."

"We have two now?" Creed asks in mock surprise. "I thought Jay was supposed to be the broody one."

He, Legend, and I burst into laughter as Jay nearly chokes on his cereal. We hardly notice Jaden as he joins us at the table with nothing but a piece of toast.

"Good morning Jaden," Creed says. "Have you seen Zack?"

Jaden's eyes move nervously towards Jay and I. "He's upstairs."

Jay narrows his eyes. "Doing what?"

Jaden shrugs. Jay gets up immediately and rushes upstairs. Creed calls after him, but Jay doesn't come back. I move to follow him just as Zack comes rolling down the stairs. An angry Jay quickly comes walking down after him.

"What were you doing?" Jay asks.

"Exploring," Zack answers sarcastically.

Jay, now in half-shift, growls, "You are not supposed to be in there."

"Jay," Creed warns and Jay steps away from Zack. Creed then looks towards Zack and asks, "What were you doing?"

"I was looking through her stuff for weapons and such," he answers, glaring at me. "I don't trust her."

"You don't trust lots of people," Creed replies, obviously unhappy. "I trust Jay and he says that she won't hurt us. Therefore, you had better get used to her being around."

There was no more conversation that morning.