Chapter 6: Boy Duty

"Welcome home," Kotami mutters when I walk in the door.

"Where's Alpha?" I ask.

"He went to get some things from town."

I give a nod of understanding and turn to go upstairs. Kotami quickly rushes to block my way and sniffs the air around me, half-shifting.

I give her an annoyed look. "What?"

A wicked grin spreads across her face. "You've been with a boy."

I roll my eyes. Why must my sister be such a romantic? "What's your point?"

"You're not denying it!" She exclaims, getting excited.

"No point in lying when you can obviously smell him," I reply.

She smiles. "Was he cute?"

I glare at her. "Why does it matter?"

"Calm down, ok? I have a boyfriend," Kotami states, getting defensive. "I was just wondering if you were interested in him is all."

"I have no interest in such things," I answer, growing irritated. Shouldn't she know this by now?

"Well eventually your interests don't matter," she points out. "Don't you remember what Race told you?"

I flinch when she says our deceased brother's name. Had she forgotten how sensitive I was about this subject?

"I remember perfectly clear," I growl.

Race had told me that he and I would one day need to find a mate so that we could produce more werewolf children immune to silver. Apparently it was our duty to do so. Of course, I was never too pleased about this.

I push past her and make it to my room. I was not in the mood to have another conversation with her. Most of our conversations usually led to arguing anyways. Besides, I needed a shower. Explaining Jay's smell on me was not something I wanted to discuss with Alpha.