Chapter 19: Questions

She was still feverish when she woke up a second time. Apparently, she no longer cared about keeping her identity a secret, because she half-shifted and growled at me for trying to keep her from leaving the room.

"Rain said you should be resting," I explain.

Silver growls. "I will rest when I'm dead!"

She gets up, wincing as her feet touch the ground, and tries to slip past me. I block the door so that she can't escape.

"Let me out!" She screams and pushes weakly against me.

I sigh and place her back on the bed. "If you try to leave again, I'm going to chain you there."

She glares at me as I exit the door. Kotami looks up when I enter the living room and gives me a questioning look. I shake my head and take a nearby seat.

"I'm going to talk to her," Kotami declares and goes to the guest room.

"How exactly did you meet this girl Jay?" Creed asks once Kotami had exited the room.

"This ought to be good," Zack whispers to Jaden.

I glare at him and answer, "I found her at the cliff."

"How long ago?" Creed asks.

"Nearly a month ago."

"You didn't notice how she was different from other werewolves?"

"She never shifted until the wolfsbane forced her to."

"Interesting," Creed says.

"That's what he thinks while he watches her sleep," Zack snickers in the background.

"Unless you want to replay the scene from when we first met," I growl, pulling out a knife. "I suggest you shut your mouth Zack."

Zack gives me a worried look and Creed steps between us. "The two of you are not getting into another fight, especially not in front of Rain!"

I look over at Rain, who was watching with her hands on her hips, and take a step away from Zack. Creed gives me a nod of approval and glares at Zack.

"Quit trying to cause problems."

Zack mutters something and Creed asks, "What was that?"

"Nothing," Zack answers quickly and takes a seat.

"Great," Rain says. "Now all of you calm down so we can figure out what to do."