Chapter .14

Audrey's pov:

I plop on my bed, sticking in my headphones and drowning out the world.

I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.
I crashed my car into the bridge. I watched, I let it burn.
I threw your shit into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.
I crashed my car into the bridge.

I don't care, I love it.
I don't care.

I was just starting to jam to my music when my stepmother burst through the door. I jumped up, yanking my headphones out. "What the hell?! Ever heard of knocking?!"

She points at me. "Watch your mouth, young lady. And I did knock. You didn't answer."

I sigh and lay back on my bed. "What do you want?"

"There's a boy downstairs. He says he needs to talk to you."

I perk up.

Blake?

He's here! He spent his time to come and see me! To surprise me! Oh my gosh, this is the best thing ever!

"Wait, really?" She nodded. "Yeah, he seemed kinda shy so you might wanna hurry it u-" I ran around her and down the stairs. I ran straight through the living room and to the door, swinging it open with a huge smile on my face. "Hey b-"

There, standing on my front porch... Was none other than Rhett Anderson... Wearing a dirty ass white(but colorful) T-shirt with loose jeans and old converses on. I furrow my eyebrows.

Why is Rhett at my house?

Last time I checked, he was pissed at me. What?

"Rhett?" I ask, cocking my head to the side. He sighs and looks to the ground, rubbing the back of his neck. "Look, I was an ass. And I know you said a while back that your room was all pink. Soo..." He lifts up two different colors of paint. One was black, the other was blue. He gives me a soft smile. "I figured we could get it to match your hair. Since you love blue and black so much."

I stand there for a moment, in pure shock. He bought this paint, and paint brushes... For me?

"You did this?... For me?" He shrugs. "My dad's got money, missing some won't hurt. Plus I know I was being a dick." I shrug. "It happens."

"Sooooo....?"

I laugh and open the door for him. "Yeah, come on in. You know where to go."

He smiles and walks in, carrying two buckets and a roller and a paint brush. I shut the door and we start walking towards my room, before my step mom stopped me. "Woah, woah, woah, missy. Who's this?" She says, pointing at Rhett. I sigh. "This is Rhett, my friend." I push his shoulder to start walking upstairs but she stops us again. "Hold up a minute, what do you two think you're doing?"

"Painting." I say bluntly, pointing to the things in his hands. She looks down and that's when it finally hit her. Damn, took long enough.

"Wait, Rhett Anderson?" I hear my dad's voice echo through the hall, and he walks in, eyeing me and Rhett both. I see Rhett flinch, remembering what happened a while back with the train and jail cell thing. He points at Rhett. "You're that boy that spray painting the trains with her, aren't you?" Rhett swallows and nods. "Yes, sir."

"Dad, we're just painting my room. Now can we go and do it before it gets dark?"

He sighs. "Any funny business, and you're grounded for a month." I quickly raise and drop my eyebrows. Then roll my eyes. "Right."

I skip up the stairs, opening the door for Rhett.

Once we got in, I shut the door and sighed, grabbing my phone. Rhett laughs. I raise my eyebrows playfully. "What?"