Book 2 Chapter 27: A Heated Confrontation

CHAPTER 27

She stared at her reflection in the mirror. She was glad she decided to go Japanese tonight. Her Shu Uemura make-up is holding up very well. She was glad that it continued to hide her frayed nerves. That and putting up a poker face for most of the two hours she already spent in the meeting.

She had wanted to take a break a mere five minutes into the meeting but she knew she would reveal her discomfort and it would always be seen as a weakness. She was glad she had to concentrate on the contract that they were discussing point by point and join in the discussion yet doing her damnedest best not to look into his direction which all of a sudden seemed too bright for her. She was glad when Mr. Andrew Go, the Aqua Group's President and Luis Mondragon's friend called for a break when they got into an impasse in one of the provisions of the contract.

She continued to look at herself in the mirror and a second later gave out a loud "wooosh" breathing out as she put her head down. She needed to relax. She told herself what she always tells herself at times like these.

"This too shall pass. All is well. God is in control." She whispered to somehow gain some strength from her own words. But it failed. She started to shake her hands to shake off what she is feeling. "Ano ba Lord, please." She continued to whisper. The statement was a short prayer as she glanced at the ceiling. In all honesty, she wanted to give it a good cry, but this is not the right place. She needed to be strong.

She was not at all prepared for this. Seeing him totally blew her away. It has been five years, yet he still affected him. Akala niya, she has totally been able to erase him from her life. Who would have thought that he, of all people, would now be in real estate and appear in her world. At dito pa sa America?

She closed her eyes and willed herself to calm down. Si Gab lang ito Sis. Si Gab lang. Naka move on ka na, ano ba?  She continued to talk to herself.

Yes, naka-move on na nga siya. She is the VP for Overseas Operations of the Sirens Group. She was able to commence operations for the company in Las Vegas! In Las fucking Vegas! What is there to be afraid of?

Somehow, that calmed her down. She looked at herself in the mirror again and smiled. And that did wonders in making her feel better. She pursed her lips to activate her long wearing lipstick and make it fresh again. She was glad she did not need to retouch as she left her bag in her seat.

She has just stepped out of the restroom nang may nabangga siyang solidong dibdib. Agad naman siyang niyakap ng nakabangga para hindi mahulog.

"Look at that, we have now literally bumped into each other. How about that?" hindi pa rin binitiwan ng lalaki ang pagkakayakap kay Star. Agad siyang nagpumiglas nang na-realize niyang si Gab ang nakabanggaan niya.

"Keep your hands off me." She whispered a strong warning. Lalo pang hinigpitan ni Gab ang pagkakayakap kay Star.

"No. After five years... No." He said it to her ear, whispered, but with such strong conviction it brought fear into her, immediately breaking the calm she so worked hard for inside the restroom. He pushed her to the wall opposite the door of the restroom and pinned her to it. Nakayakap pa rin Gab, his mouth so close to her neck, their breathing heavy. His body heavily pinning her to the wall.

"Gab, please..." she started to plead.

"Please what?" he asked to her ear in a whisper. He took his hand close to her lips and his thumb caressed her lower lip. Then, in a second, his mouth was on hers plundering it, invading it. She tried her best to keep it shut, but he forced himself in as he held her chin to open her mouth. She continued to struggle but he was stronger. She tried to push his chest, but he was just so strong. Until, his tongue started to caress the insides of her mouth in a familiar tenderness that immediately calmed her down and made her knees weak.