9.

9.

"Hey, you alone again?"

I glance up to see my cousin, Wonwoo, looking very worried while I go through our assignment for economics.

I just nod and he still looks worried but I'm completely fine with this. It's not that this all new to me, though. I'm friends with Taehyung though and I don't really need that much friends besides him. Speaking of Taehyung, I haven't seen that bastard lately.

It's break time and after Wonwoo checked up on me, he soon left. There wasn't that much people in the room because it was recess so I appreciate the silence more now that I'm studying. And! I also have to make the most of this day because Mingyu's finally heading back to class tomorrow. Goodbye, my oh-so peaceful days..

I continue to flip through the pages of my book to check if I know the topics for today's quiz well. Not only did our teacher give us homework to do yesterday, she also told us to study for an upcoming quiz today. Isn't that great? *Note the sarcasm. I don't usually study this hard but a loner like me who has nothing better to do decided to just study anyway. I guess being a loner benefits me in more ways than one.

"Hi Nari!"

I frown hearing someone disturbing me again and when I divert my gaze else where, I see a smiling Hayoung waving her hand at me. "What're you doing?" She sat at Mingyu's seat, peering at whatever I was reading and acting all interested and stuff.

I haven't really asked or talked to her about what the guys told me and neither did I tell Mingyu about it. I had to plead to the guys to keep it to themselves because I'm quite scared to see how Mingyu will react about it.

"I'm going through my homework and studying at the same time." I state the obvious.

I smile faintly and diverted my attention back to studying.

"You're very hard working, Nari-ssi." Hayoung mumbled. I flash her a smile and continued scanning through the pages again.

"Is that why Mingyu likes you..."

  I look at her again questionably.

"You said something?" She quickly shakes her head and bids good bye as she runs out of the room.

* * *

The next day.

"I'll be expecting to check all your assignments by tomorrow. Class dismissed."

Sigh.

I barely slept yesterday finishing my economics homework and studying for a quiz in another subject but then our teacher didn't show up! Ugh! And now, our science teacher gave us a long ass homework to do to be passed the next day! Just how can school be this hard?

I watch as the students leave the room one by one and I sigh, again. I can't count how many times I've sighed ever since the last class ended.

"You going home?" I flinch and quickly looked back to see a smirking Mingyu.

"W-w-what?"

I push him away and grab my bag for defense. This guy, seriously! Today was rather stressful and Mingyu knew that. He didn't particularly bug or mess with me but he made sure he was in my proximity the damn whole time.

"Stop the pda guys.."

I hear the boys chuckle while they walk their way towards our direction. I instinctively look away and Mingyu just really couldn't enjoy all this teasing any further! I side glanced and met eyes with frowning Hayoung but she quickly ran away soon after our eyes met. Huh? What is she doing near the door? Is she spying?!

"You have any plans later, Mingyu?" Seungcheol asked. I was brought back in the conversation when Mingyu looked at me then looked at the guys and said,

"I do. I'm walking Nari home."

My started to widen with shock by Mingyu's sudden statement. Is he serious?! I didn't ask him to walk me home! The guys are clearly getting the wrong idea!

"I didn't sa—"

"You did." He exclaimed cutting me off mid sentence. Gosh I hate that smirk on his face!

The guys continue to laugh silently, watching me being all flustered with Mingyu being all flirty and all. He really has his own ways of getting what he wants, huh..

"Are you going somewhere?" I ask my cousin, Wonwoo. Aunt In Young, who happens to be Wonwoo's mother and my mom's sister, might be worried if he goes home late.

"We're going karaoke later with some girls Hansol invited." He smirked and looked at Mingyu. "It's sad you can't come though, Mingyu."

Mingyu chuckles and says,

"Unlike you guys, I already have someone I like. I'd like to be devoted to her and her only."

I couldn't take his cheesiness anymore and decided to walk out. If I stayed any longer, I'll probably melt into a puddle! My heart can't take so much of that!

"And apparently, that girl is already leaving so I have to catch up to her."

*

The sun is setting while I walk my way home to school. Though I'm not alone.. Mr. You-know-who is accompanying me back home. He's acting all gentlemanly and it's making me feel weird! He offered to hold my bag for me which at first, I plainly refused but as I said, he always has his ways to get what he wants so he's carrying both our bags in the end. I didn't even get the chance to protest the second time.

"My home isn't too far from here. You can go back now." I stop walking and tried to retrieve my bag from him but he raised his hand up. That's cheating because he's already tall and he has long arms too! I can't even reach it even if I jump!

"Ya!" I yelled but he continued to laugh.

"I want to see your home, silly." I smack his chest in frustration and continued to walk. Ugh! I give up!

I can feel him walking behind me and decide to mess with him. "Ugh, why's there a stalker following me.."

"Huh? Stalker? All I see is an admirer,"

I face palm. I really have no chance getting back at him!

We continue to walk silently and from a few distance, I could already see my house from where I stand. I started to run and so did this giant until I reached the front gate.

"I'm home now so can I have my bag?" I tried to grab it from him but he still refused to give it back. Why is he so stubborn?

"No can do," he slips his tongue out and laughs at me. "I'll give it back but.." he was pondering for a few seconds.

"But what?" I ask, completely annoyed.

He took his phone out and gave it to me. I don't know what to do with it so I look at him completely confused.

"But give me your number first."

  Is he serious?

I gave his phone back and decided to just get my bag by force but as expected, I failed miserably again!

"Number." He firmly stated and flashed a wicked smile. Ugh! This is against the law!

I angrily took his phone from his hands and typed in my number quickly so that I can get my bag already!

"Wait, let me make sure." He stated and called the number I just typed in. A few seconds later, we could hear my ringtone from my phone inside my bag and he finally gave me my bag after he flashed a victory smile.

"You seriously have so many ways to get what you want, huh..." I smack his chest using my bag and opened the front gate of our house.

    "You take care going back home, pabo!" I yelled and ran inside my house trying to hide my flustered yet smiling face.