Chapter 13: The Devil Reintroduced

Things had been going really good over the next year. I was still dating James and I managed to keep my private occupation seperate from my relationship. Rick was pissed off when he found out i had a boyfriend. He then was okay with it because he figured out very quickly that i balanced my two lives very well. On one hand i met James's mother. Unfortunately his father ended up passing away. I met him once while he was on his death bed. His parents liked me. My boyfriend had more than enough money to support me, so i have been thinking about quitting this lifestyle. I have more than enough money saved. There aint no telling what Rick would do to me if i said i wanted out. I dismissed that idea for now. At around 2am i recieved a surprising phone call from my dad. I havent heard from him in months.
"Sweety you need to get to the hospital your mom is really sick." I was so tired of hospitals. I really didnt feel like going to see that bitch. When i got raped it took my mom a whole damn day to come see me. Something told me that i should go even though i resented her.
"Whats wrong with her?" I asked my dad.
"Im not sure but do you need me to come pick you up?" He asked.
"I push my own wheels you would know that if you ever picked your damn phone up." I snapped. I hung up the phone. He was getting on my nerves. I got out of bed and threw on a Victoria's Secret PINK sweatsuit and headed out the door. When i got to the hospital i was shocked to see my mom in the condition that she was in. I dont know why i expected her to have just broken a bone or just gotten sick but the situation was more serious than i expected. I asked the doctor what was wrong with her.
"Ms. Watters i dont know how to break it to you but your mom is dying. Her liver is totally damaged from her alcoholism." The doctor explained to me. I didnt know how to take that. Yes my mom was a fucked up individual but she was still my mom. I slumped down in my chair and began to weep. My mom was dying. She was so young this is unbelievable. My dad came over to comfort me. In the midst of his comforting me he started questioning me about how i was able to afford everything. I didnt answer him there was only one person i wanted around me, but unfortunately he was out of town on a business trip. I did not stay at the hospital very long. I didnt like seeing my mom layed out like that. My dad yelled at me and told me how wrong i was for leaving her like that but owell. I need to stay grounded in reality. I decided to go to Rick's house and smoke a blunt. I knew he would be awake it seemed like he never slept. When i got to Rick's house i let myself in because i still had the key from when i lived there. My heart dropped when i saw Lamar was sitting on his couch.
Rick what the fuck is this?" I yelled.
"What the fuck is you talkin bout Rissa?" I then remembered i never told Rick who raped me. It was no surprise that Lamar was out of jail because i didnt submit a rape kit nor did i testify against him. I pulled Rick outside along with Rick's boy Curtis. I explained to the two how Lamar is the one who raped me.
"Oh is he now?" Curtis asked. Curtis was a good guy. He came across as nice but would really fuck somebody up if the occasion called for it.
"We gone take care of this nigga, in the mean time go on home cuz its gone get real physical around this bitch." Rick explained. I got back in my car and left. I didn't know what those two planned to do to Lamar and i really didnt give a flying fuck. I drove back to my house and called James. I was hoping he was awake. It was 6am where he was.
"Hello." He sounded groggy which indicated i woke him up.
"Hey babe i didnt mean to wake you but i really need someone to talk to.
"Its cool whats going on my love?" He asked me sounding so concerned and attentive. I told him about my mom and how she didnt have much longer to live since she has completely distroyed her liver. He explained to me how his business trip was almost over and that he would be home the following day. I was so relieved to hear that. I let him get back to sleep. I attempted  to go back to sleep. I was getting there until my phone rang. I was shocked and disgusted to hear Lamar's voice on the other end of my phone.
"What the fuck you want?" I snapped.
"Listen here bitch i heard about that nigga Jeremiah, that aint gon' happen to me cuz me and Rick is tight, so whatever you told him hes not giving a fuck about cuz he gave me a job." He told me.
"What job might that be?" I asked him curious.
"Im doing a drop for him in Wenatchee and when i get back hes gonna pay me real good." I hung up and laughed hysterically. Rick was going to dead that stupid nigga. Rick always sent niggas who crossed him far away to make a "drop". As soon as they get there he always puts a bullet right in their brain. Normally shit like that disturbs me but punk ass Lamar had it coming. I couldnt wait until Rick called me up and tells me that Lamar was tooken care of. I finally was able to go to sleep. I slept until 2 in the afternoon i was very tired. I woke up to several missed calls from Rick. Could he have killed Lamar already? I called him back. He sounded pissed off when he answered the phone.
"Word is getting around that the bitch Lashay is tryna steal my shit and get ghost." He spat at me.
"Damn what are you going to do?" I asked.
"Ima kill that bitch! Her dumb ass dont know that the niggas she called to flip MY product in Portland are the same niggas i fuck with!" Damn this bitch was really not too bright. She gets caught up in everything she does. He was going to kill her in some fucked up way i just knew it.
"Whats the plan?" I asked.
"Im going out to Portland and trap her then ima slice her motherfucking throat" he said. We ended the conversation on him telling me to hold shit down while he was gone. In other words watch these niggas. Shit got real sneaky when he wasnt around. At this point in my life there was way too much shit going on. I couldnt wait for the day that James asked me to marry him and i could quit this crazy ass lifestyle. It was fun at first but now its getting old. I got dressed and went down to the hospital with my mom. If these were going to be her last days i should at least spend them with her.