Chapter 10 "How could i be so naive?"

Anna's pov

Yesterday Ev and Luke left school and no one knew, lucky for me Ev texted me so that saved me a heart attack.

Anyway Evelyn is home sick with the flu so I'm at school by myself. I'm at my locker getting my books for History and Chemistry. I was about to shut my locker when someone slammed it on my head.

" Hey!" I yelled holding my head.

" Shut up." I could be wrong and I hope I am, but that sounds like Luke's voice. I opened my eyes and saw it was Luke. Evy said that he totally broke down yesterday and changed, so what is he doing.

" Wha-" I started

" If I can't bully Evelyn, I'll bully you." He said making my heart shatter.

" I thought you changed." I said

" Well you should know me by now." He spat

Before he walked away he slapped me across the face.

" How could I be so naive." I mumbled to myself.

Evelyn's pov

I'm so happy Luke changed, this is great for me and Anna. Maybe we could go catch a movie or go to the park. Anything really, I just miss him.

While I'm sitting on the couch in deep thought, the front door busts open revealing my mother.

I try to hide under the blanket because when she doesn't notice me I can have a peaceful night.

" EVELYN!" She screamed through the house.

" EVELYN I HAVE NEWS." She yelled finally settling to sit on the couch across from me.

" EVE- oh you're right there." She said putting a hand on her head

" Yes?" I asked

" I'm getting married!" She yelled excited

My heart dropped, I know she doesn't act like a mother but she is my mother, and I do care about her. I know she doesn't love whoever this man is. I know. I'm her daughter I'm half of her, I've never even met this man before. She's probably getting married because she was drunk and couldn't think.

" Wha- what? To who?" I asked in shock

" Barry." She said

" Barry? Who's Barry?" I asked

" He works at the bar remember?" She asked looking at her nails

" Mom I'm 18! I'm to young to go to the bar!" I yelled

" How could you get married?!? You're drunk half the time and you don't even know this guy!!??!" I yelled

" How could you even try to replace dad!! No man on the earth will be as good as dad, and you're trying to replace him!?! Mom what about me? I don't want to live with a stranger." I said furious, how dare she replace dad.

" Oh don't worry sweetie, he's not moving in, I'm moving out." She explained

" Okay and what about me? I don't have a job and I'll have house payments." I explained folding my arms

" Sweetie it's okay. I'm moving to Colorado with him and we will send weekly checks." She said coming to hug me.

" Don't call me sweetie. First I lose my dad and now I'm losing you!" I yelled

" FOR GOODNESS SAKE EVELYN, YOU HATE, ME WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE!" She said yelling

" BECAUSE. YOU SURE AS HECK DON'T ACT LIKE MY MOTHER, BUT YOU ARE. JUST BECAUSE WE DON'T GET ALONG DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T LOVE YOU."

" Mom, I care about you, even though I don't always show it, you're my mother and I hate seeing you hurt." I finished as I sighed

" I hate seeing you hurt too." She said

I've had enough, does she think I forgot about all the times she hurt me?!?

" STOP. STOP LYING TO ME. IF YOU HATED SEEING ME HURT, YOU WOULDN'T HURT ME LIKE YOU DO." I yelled crying

" You're such a pest, I try to be nice and you comeback every time ." She said rolling her eyes

" Why don't you go kill yourself." She said getting of the couch and up to her room.

I stood and let the tears fall, I can't take this anymore. I wish dad were here.

I grabbed my phone, slipped on my sandals and ran. I didn't know where I was going and I didn't care. I just needed to go.