Chapter 17 My Getaway

Anna's pov

I needed to get away, when I got home last night I packed my weekender and left. I knew where I was going and I knew no one else did.

My uncle owned a lake house about an hour away, but when he passed he gave it to my family so that's where I go when I need to think.

Right now I'm in my car pulling up to his drive way. I parked my car, grabbed my stuff, and headed to the dock in the back.

Once I got there I set all my stuff down and plopped down at the end of the dock.

This place held so many memories.
My dad used to take me here fishing with my uncle every Saturday, that is until he passed.

When my dad passed my uncle would pick me up and take me fishing but it was never the same.

I miss my dad so much. This might sound weird but whenever I'm here I tell my dad what's going on. I know he's listening up there. He said he's always there for me.

I cleared my throat as I was about to speak.

" Hi dad."

" I have some things go-" I started to cry.

" No I'm stronger then this. Anna you are
stronger then this." I reminded myself as I wiped away the tears.

" I have some things going on that I want to talk about." I said

" Remember how I told you that Evelyn was getting bullied by Luke? Well Luke apologized and now they are dating, but when I was at school he started bullying me, badly. I was getting called names and I was getting hit and everything like that."

" So I-I started hurting myself again." I said as I felt the tears pour out.

" I-I'm so so-sorry daddy, I promise I'll never do it again." I bawled

" Anyways." I sniffed as I calmed down

" Yesterday was supposed to be a girls day with me and Ev but then when we went to the movies Luke was there, and then the rest of the night turned into a date for them. Evelyn acted like I wouldn't care, she told Luke I didn't need popcorn that I'd be fine and we always share popcorn. It's just the little things she did. "

" Then at the park she told me to come by them and I didn't want to and then I blew up because she said I was being a bummer and she asked what was my problem when really she had a problem."

" And then, I told her about Luke bullying me which I swore to him I wouldn't tell anyone but I did, and then I asked her if she was going to break up with him and she said she couldn't so I said it was him or me. "

" a-and then I left." I whispered  I started to cry but stopped when I heard the leaves moving around.

I turned to look only to see a face I thought I'd never see again.

" Kyle?" I asked standing up.

" Anna?" He's asked. I ran into his arms.

" I missed you so much!" I cried

" I've missed you more." He whispered

Kyle was my childhood best friend, when ever I went to my uncles house I played with him. We told each other everything. I even told him about Luke.

" Let's go sit." He said taking my hand and leading me to where I was before.

" What are you doing here?" I asked him as we sat down.

" I was taking a walk around the woods when I thought I heard someone crying." He explained

" Oh." I said as I blushed wiping my tears.

" Where's Ev?" He asked looking in my eyes. I tried to look away when the tears came but he gently grabbed my chin and kept me there.

" I-I needed to get away from her for awhile." I said as his face softened

" I'm here if you want to talk." He said looking me in the eyes.

I felt butterflies in my stomach as I stared into his green eyes. The only thing he doesn't know about me is how I feel about him.

I've liked him since I was 5, he's always there for me and knows just what to say at the right time, he can make me laugh and he can make me smile. I- I think I love him.

" Okay so..." I started telling me the whole story while taking breaks to wipe my tears or just look at the sky.

But no matter what I did, he looked at me like I was the most precious thing on the earth, and that's what I love about him most.