Chapter 18 Old Crushes and Missed Calls

Evelyn's pov

* leave a message at the sound of a
beep *

" Hey Anna, it's me again. I have no clue where you are or if you are okay. Call me back when you get the chance."

" Luke I don't know what to do!" I cried out in frustration.

I've been calling her every hour for the past week and I've heard nothing. Not one phone call, not one text, nothing.

" It's okay babe she'll answer." Luke rubbed my back soothingly.

" I mean she is being a little unreasonable, all I did was tell her that she wasn't any fun and she doesn't understand what I've been through and then she blew up. It's like she can't take her own medicine." I said

" That's not exactly true." He said hesitantly.

" What's not true?" I asked frustrated

" I mean you did put her through a lot and then you expected her to have pity for you. I don't want to cause any fights or anything but she's been through a lot." He said quietly

" Bu-" I started

" Evelyn I'm not saying you haven't." He said firmly.

" I'm just stating a fact that maybe you should look at things through her eyes." He said reasonably.

" All I did was.." I started as I thought.

Well I made her promise me she wouldn't tell anyone about Luke or the cuts I have, I then dated Luke even though he just stopped bullying me, and at the movies I went ov- Oh my gosh, I abandoned her for my bully, the person who ended up bullying her too. And then I left her for him.

" I'm such a terrible person." I cried

My sudden outburst scared Luke because he jumped at the sound of my cry.

" I have to find her. I will. " I told myself

" Where could she be?" Luke asked and I sniffed and wiped the tears off of my face.

" I KNOW!" I yelled as I pulled Luke up, grabbed my phone, and headed for the car.

There's only one place she could be..

Anna's pov

" Thanks for staying with me Kyle, I really missed you." I said zipping up my bag.

" I've missed you more then you'll every know." He whispered.

I stared into his gorgeous green eyes as he stared into my blue ones. All of a sudden he put his arms on my waist and pulled me into him connecting our lips.

We moved in sinc and it felt perfect.
I've always liked Kyle but I never thought he felt the same way.

" I've always wanted to do that." He whispered as we pulled away. There was no space in between us and it felt right. I felt safe, like nothing could ruin this moment. I felt loved.

" Well I better get going." I said as I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks.

" Yeah I'll see you around." He said as he pulled me in for a bone crushing hug

" Yeah. Call me okay? I miss you a lot." I said as I loaded the car

" Definitely." He promised.

Once I got in the car and buckled up, I honked the horn and waved at him, watching him wave back with his killer smile. He didn't stop waving till I was completely out of sight. Gosh I've missed him.

Evelyn's pov

I pulled in the driveway of Anna's uncles lake house, parked the car and got out with Luke beside me.

" Why would she be here?" Luke asked as we walked up the porch.

" Because this house was her uncles but ever since he died it's been her family's." I explained

" Ahhh." He nodded in understanding

I was just about to knock on the door when I heard someone clear their throat making me jump.

" Uh can I help you?" This guy with brown hair and green eyes who I immediately recognized as Kyle, said.

" Kyle thank God." I said as I let out a breath

" Um hi?" He said confused

" I'm Evelyn, Annas best friend." I stated
I saw something click in his eyes but I'm not sure what.

" Oh. Um. She left about an hour ago." He said scratching the back of his neck

" What?" I asked shocked

" Do you know where she went?" I asked

" I'm not sure, probably back home." He stated and I could of swore I saw a hint of sadness flicker in his eyes.

" Oh okay, well thank you." I replied and I started walking to the car with Luke close behind.

" Oh and Evelyn?" He asked

" Yes." I said turning to face him.

" Give her some space, she needs it." He said and I nodded my head in agreement.

Well back home we go...