|| 22 ||

*two days later*

It's been rough since William died. We are now down to the original amount of people we found the prison with, besides Jack. We've done a good job of keeping Judith healthy, but if this small epidemic keeps up, she's a goner. Glenn is starting to show symptoms of this illness, and Maggie is worried to death.

I hope this blows over soon. "Daryl..." I say, grabbing his attention. "Hm." I sigh and feel the cool evening Georgia breeze blow past me. "Don't you ever wish, things could go back to the way they were?" I asked, staring up at the violet sky. He laughed. "All the time, Shortie." I nod. "Do you think God is punishing us?"

He doesn't answer.

I huff and rest my left elbow on the back of the metal bench.

"Hey guys." I hear a happy irish voice from behind. I turn around an give him a sad smile, due to the current events that are happening. "Hey Jack." Daryl and I respond. He sits next to me and I see Daryl out if the corner of my eye make a face. "It really sucks." I hear his voice crack. "Mark is in a better place now." I whisper. "Yes I know, it's not as happy-go-lucky around here anymore." He says. "But I didn't come out here to grieve, I came out here to relax for just a second and enjoy the stars." I nod and look back up at the now dark night sky.

Stars twinkled and sparkled. Constellations decorated the sky beautifully. Since the world has been over run with walkers and the cites no longer shine, you can see the stars so clearly now.

"Beautiful." I whisper.

The cicadas chirped from the trees, and the occasional cricket joined the choir of nature. Truly magnificent.

But the choir's song was soon cut off, by gunshots ringing out from cell block C.

===================================

A/n: heyyooooo

So guess where I went today guys??? I went to the town of Woodbury!!!

 It was so fun! I also met up with Lahatiel and starrehspookeh for the first time! ((Lowkey almost cried))

But it was really fun! I ate at the Irish pub called Magires and had the best alfredo. I would've taken more pictures but the place was crowded because of memorial day weekend and I was to busy drooling over Lahatiel . Anyway, the pic at the beginning of the chapter was when I found the thing on the walk path.

Fun af 8/8 r8 m8

Love y'all!