|| 4 ||

Thanks for 100 reads!

As soon as we headed out, the complaining and insults started flowing out of Shane's mouth. Glenn's teeth clenched every time.

 "Do you want me to shoot you." "Excuse me?" He asked. "Listen. We are out here searching for a child. We are NOT here for you to call me a bitch!" I growled. I got him there. He mumbled whatever and we began to walk again. Glenn shot me a thumbs up and I nodded.

We searched for hours. Not finding anything and the night began to fall. We made it to the house and put away the weapons.

I grabbed my bloody machete and headed out to the edge of the field where a few trees stood in front of the forest. I took the old shirt i had and ripped a portion of. I began to clean the horrid smelling blade when the leaves began to rustle. I grabbed the handle and swung the blade at whatever approached. The blade missed the neck of the man that stood before me, but only because he ducked. 

"Damn."

"Daryl, what do you need." I said, bringing the blade down to resume cleaning. 

"Nothin'. Just Thought something was wrong with ya'." He said, sitting down next to me.

"Why do you care." I growled instinctively. He sighed.

"I was just wondering." He began to stand back up when guilt rushed over me and I grabbed his hand. "I'm sorry, I don't like people caring for me." I said as he sat back down. "S'fine, been there." He said. He squeezed my hand. For the first time in a long time. My stomach filled with butterflies. 

No

This can't happen again. 

It can't!

I will not let my emotions take over!

I hate Daryl. I hate Rick! Glenn, Carol. ALL OF THEM!

My eyes burned as tears fell down my dirt covered cheeks. Dammit...

That's when it happened. It was slow. But full of concern and care.

"Don't cry." And lips connected with mine.