|| 8 ||

CRYING CUZ I GOT  OVER 1.K READS  😭😭

The disgusting sound of my machete slicing through the heads of walkers made me cringe. Never really liked that noise. The sound of metallic blade, ripping apart rotten flesh, sending blood flying from the gash.

Ok, but it's nasty.

I was on a run. A small amount of zombies came after me. I had finally killed the last one, and continued through the dreadful smelling store in search of supplies, and baby supplies. Lori baby is very close. She gets contractions every now and then, an honestly, it makes me nervous. I'm scared that Lori will die through the birthing process, the baby won't survive, or they both will die.

I shudder and quicken my pace. I grab cans of food and other stuff and stuff it into my bag. I pass by the baby isle and stop. I look at the clothes and food. I scrunch up my face, trying to figure out if I should choose boy clothes or girl's.

Getting pissed, I whisper fuck it, and grab some from the unisex section. It surprised me a little to see a baby isle have a unisex section. I smiled for some unknown reason.

I headed back to the car and loaded the last of the stuff I got into the trunk, and shut it.

I get into the front seat and buckle up. I start the engine and start heading back to the prison.

I remember, before I left, some of the group headed down into "The Catacombs", as I call it. And I'm stressing that something bad will happen, but I push it aside.

Just enjoy the silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I pulled into the dirt road, I noticed no one running up to the gate to open it up. My blood chilled. I sighed and got out after reaching it. I un-hooked the giant keyring and pushed open the gate. Walkers started coming after me, which I quickly took care of.

I jogged back to the car and got in, driving forward. I then quickly got out again, killed more walkers, and shut the gate. I felt my skin sweat as my anxiety soared.

Where is everyone?!

I then spotted Hershel and Beth. I sighed and shut off the car after getting in. "Guys! Where is everyone?!" I asked getting up to them. I started smiling, hoping that they were inside and making sure everyone was accounted for. But my smile broke when I heard the screeching of a rusted gate open behind me, and the cry of an infant.

I spun around, praying to god I'd see Lori, smiling, holding her baby.

But my prayers were not answered.

Maggie was holding it. And Carl had a blank, emotionless face plastered on. Carol was missing, Daryl looked pissed. And Lori was dead. I felt my tears pour down my cheeks as I walked forward. Maggie cried as she rushed over to me.

My expression didn't change. Just a blank, dirt covered, tear stained face. Maggie shook as she handed me the infant. I took it as Maggie ran to Hershel and Beth. I looked up to meet eyes with Glenn. He looked like he was about to break down, his eyes screamed why, his face said nothing. Daryl walked past me, without stopping. I felt a bit of emotional pain but shoved it out of my mind.

But then I hit me. Carl.

Who did it, who made sure Lori wouldn't come back, as a walker.

Maggie couldn't do it, she wouldn't be able to. Because it's not her mother. Carl did it. I sobbed as I held the baby close to my face. It moved and made a noise. "NO! LORI!" Ricks voice rang out as I cried. My body shook with grief. "No, no no no!" Rick said. I heard his boots knock against the stained concrete. I looked up a bit to see Rick next to Carl, sobbing.

He covered his face with his hands and sank down to the ground.

Carl's face, unchanged. He just hung his head and stared at the ground. I held the baby tighter.

What do we do now?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rick left. The others wanted to go after him but Hershel refused. He is a man in grieving.

It turns out the baby is a girl. A seemingly healthy baby girl. I held her in a clean fleece blanket, sitting on my bunk. Carl won't speak, at all. I'm afraid to go to him and console him, but I feel like anything I will say won't help.

He has gone through hell. Maggie and Beth offered to take the baby, to let me grieve in peace, but I refused. I didn't want to let go, and I had no idea why. I felt scared that something was going to happen to this baby. I'm tired of death of the people I get close to.

Soon, I'm going to snap. And all hell will break loose.

-------------------------

WOW A LONG CHAPTER OMG 😄😄😄