There's Nothing Left

Mari's Point of View

My eyes blinked in shock as the four wolves came back into view. A brown wolf was thrashing around, clawing at his captor' s legs. My brother's beta showed no signs of releasing him, not that I could blame him. That's when I picked up another scent, one I thought I'd never have to smell again.

Dark blue eyes pierced mine as I struggled for breath. The blond fur stuck out against the darker colored wolves. Instead of fear, the wolf's eyes held darkness. As I brought in a shaky breath, I attempted to pull my eyes away from his, but I couldn't. As they got closer however, I managed to look away only to spot Delilah. Her head was down and her movements slow. Her back was arched, a sign of discomfort and her tail wrapped around her left leg.

Tearing away from the podium on the stage, I met my brother halfway. His eyes dis t light up, but instead sank solemnly to the ground. Confused, I looked to Jagger for answers, bit he to looked away from me. What was wrong with them?

Then at last, my eyes landed on the blue eyes once more before angry growls echoed around me. After months of hiding, he resurfaced, and the pack was definitely not happy about it.

Gunner' s Point Of View

My sister stood beside me on the platform as I kept my eyes trained at the blond wolf who was currently being held between two guards. Beside him, Ryker Sat beside several guards, all of which kept guns trained on him. The Moon was full and kept the area of the courtyard pretty well lit, which could only show the shocked faces of the pack even more clearly.

Mari stood rigid as she addressed the pack. I watched as Ace Sat up a little bit when his name was.called. deep down, I knew Mari didn't want to kill him, but it what has to be done. If she didn't, the pack would think she was unfit as a leader, for leaving their needs and best interests out of the equatiin, which is reasonable.

The pack suddenly grew very quiet after the loud growl echoed all around the camp. Many of the members sank to their knees, whimpering like pups. Even some of the guard shuddered as they heard their Alpha angry. That's one thing that nobody wants to see, especially when their as irritated as Mari is.

A few comments later, I could only watch as Mari shifted into her wolf. It was kind of an amazing sight. Her pelt, is one of the most unique I'd ever seen, probably then anyone has. Her eyes, turned back to the pack and I could only continue to stare as the pack stayed on their knees, all except one, the wolf sitting off to the shadows, right out of the gathering on wolves. A slight grin spread across its face as its eyes met mine. The sharp teeth flashed in the light.

Easing an eyebrow at it, it stepped back, farther into the shadows leaving me looking at black nothininess. Mari turned back to me as I continued to watch the shadows, oblivious to anything anyone was saying to me. Worry crossed her face as she stepped in front of me, blocking my line of sight. Immediately my head snapped to the side as i spotted it once more. It's eyes plummeted dark as night as it kept its cooked smile on me.

Shifting backwards, I backed right into my beta Jagger who stayed still as a rock. The tension of his muscles could be felt as I leaned against him. The figure took a step closer, but not enough to expose itself from the shadows. Mari looked to where I looked for a second before turning away again.

My eyes felt hazy as I tried to continue to stand. The eyes continued to lock in mine as I struggled to stay standing. I felt as if all of my energy was slipping away, that whatever it was, was draining me. My body shook as my limbs grew heavy. Forcing my eyes to stay open, I watched as the figure stepped back into the shadows and I felt compelled to follow it. Stepping forward, I attempted to follow it, but stopped as a suddeni feeling of dread took over me. My bones felt brittle as I shook.