A Rouges Deed

Ace's Point Of View

The rays of the Sun filtered through all the cracks and crevices of the cave. Whimpering caused me to whip my head only to come nose to nose, with a puppy. Continuing to cry it looked at me then to my belly. Judging on its age, I'd say it still needs milk. That's a problem, because last time I checked I was a guy. Uh oh.

Looking into its green eyes I began to ponder what I should do. I could catch something, but would he be able to eat it? Ug, curse good deeds, there's always something that goes wrong. Shaking out my pelt, I stand up on my paws, and the pup looks up at me, his eye pleading with mine.

Sighing I grab him by his scruff of his neck. His small fluffy tail curled againsts his leg as I held him. Looking outside I realize it was snowing, again. The snow rained down as I watched. Snarling, I set the puppy back down and poke my head out of the entrance. Reluctantly, I turn back and the puppy is standing besides me, watching the snow fall. Swatting a few of the falling snow, I batted one at the puppy. It landed gently on his nose and he stared at it. As it began to melt he barked in excitement, puffing out his small chest. Laughing, I began to hit more snow over to him. He jumps around them, hitting me with pawfuls after pawful.

We played like that until the puppy began to shiver. Hmm, I guess I should try and figure out a name for him.

"Puppy?" I asked keeping my voice gentle. His little head pokes up and looks around until his large almond shaped blue eyes land on me. "How about we give you a name?" His little tail, which was just a stump, strange I know, began wagging like a million miles per hour. Note the sarcasm there.

"Okay, how about Toby?" I ask. His head tilts the side and his tail tucks between his legs. Or not, I mumble to myself.

"Danny?" Again no reaction.

"Eddy?" His tail comes out from in between his legs, but still no completely positive reaction.

"Kemp?" I ask, not really expecting a response. After a second his head tilts to the other side and he barks happily, his little tail thumping back and forth against the back of his legs. "Kemp it is then."