Finding Your Past

Ryker's Point Of View

(Three years ago)

(15 years old)

My head felt heavy and I kept nearly slipping on the floor. Wandering alone, I tried to clear out my hazy mind, but after everything I have seen, I doubt that'll ever be possible. All of the pride I had felt in myself, slowly vanished into absolutely nothing. Shaking my head, I shoved back my hair and leaned my back against the side of the mansion I lived in, my eyes down casted.

Ashamed, was how I felt, considering I had ultimately failed to the Alpha and the other wolves I once found myself happy and joyful to be a part of. But now, I wish I never of worked so hard and said yes to joining. It's a halfway victory, one I thought was my future, my destiny, but now, I highly doubt it ever was.

"Ryker, it'll be alright son." A voice said in my ear and I jumped up and turned around, glaring until I lowered my head and registered who it was. Xavier stood behind me, a solemn look on his face yet his eyes held a softened excitement. His hands  were at his side, the right holding a sword that was sharpened dangerously and dripping blood.

"I'm sorry Xavier. I just feel as if I failed and let everybody down." I spoke earnestly, my heads to the ground, waiting for his answer when none came. Looking up at him, Xavier chewed on his bottom lip, lost in thought no doubt and stared ahead of me. Sighing, I turned to walk away, when suddenly he placed his hand down on my shoulder, squeezing slightly to keep me in place.

"It's not your fault Ryker. You need to stop beating yourself up over it. Hell, it's all of our faults. I don't know whether you noticed or not, but even I could tell many others minds were elsewhere, other than the words the Alpha was saying." He replied, his voice calm, yet even I could pick up the underlying doubt and guilt hidden beneath the blanket his words created.

My head was swimming, yet I still managed to nod my head up at him. Blankly, I watched towards the west of our territory, towards the trees that swayed together, and listened to the singing of birds, as if no evil or wrong has happened in the world. Grounding my teeth together, I remained tensed as I wanted nothing more than to destroy everyone who did this to us, did this to me.

The Alpha strode up to us, Xavier bowing his head in respect while I simply paid him no mind, paid the Alpha not a drop of my attention. I was confused, still not entirely grasping the immensity of the situation. Still so young, I still couldn't believe how naive I've become, even as a Warrior. Even whenit was my entire packs life at stake.