Chapter Six - Chiharu

A/N: I'm back :D just for today and maybe tomorrow though. It's my birthday on Wednesday and I'm turning 18, so I'm having a party on Thursday and Saturday. Friday I'm fairly certain I'll be sleeping. So I'll go back to regular updates next Monday! :D 

Does anyone have any song recommendations? I feel like Pearl - Katy Perry fits Chiharu's chapters quite well. 

I really miss writing Life Note :( 

Thank you for 100 votes and comments and over 700 reads :3 

30th March 2011

That's Kira? He looks so young.

His brown hair just sits below his ears, his brown eyes are thin and cold. He looks friendly, yet so menacing at the same time. He appears to be tall and his dark grey suit must have cost him a fortune.

His hand is outstretched towards me and I take it gingerly, unsure of what to do. Is this really Kira? I look up at his face, still completely speechless at how young he is.

"Hello, you must be Chiharu Kurosawa. I'm Light Yagami." He introduces. He drops my hand and his eyes stare deeply into mine.

"Uh – h-hello, Yagami-san." I stutter, I cringe internally at how polite my voice sounds. I wipe my hands against my black pencil skirt, trying to make it a little longer. It used to sit just above my knees, but now it's a few inches shorter due to being washed, that or I've grown a little since I last wore it to my parents' funeral.

"I'll take you to my office where I'll interview you. It'll just be like your interview with Tachibana-san." He says simply. His voice is smooth and he's well-spoken. He must have come from a good family. I trail after him and leave the reception and away from the snobby- receptionist.

After going up several floors in the lift, it finally stops and Light leaves. I follow behind him quickly so I don't get lost. Light stops in front of a door and opens it, inside is a small office that holds two chairs and a single desk. On top of the desk is a framed picture, a small vase full of fake flowers and a computer.

I look around at the pale blue walls and out of the window behind the desk. I can see the sky and the tall buildings that are scattered around Tokyo.

Light takes the seat behind the desk and I sit down on the chair opposite him. I fold my hands in my lap and look around the room.

I can't help but notice how bare the walls are.

I turn my attention back to Light who has his chin propped up on clasped hands. He's staring straight at me. I sink further into the seat.

"So, Kurosawa-san, you said that you have a fiancé." He states simply. I nod quickly.

"Yeah. I've been with him since I was sixteen." I murmur truthfully. My heart begins to pound in my chest. Is it evil to be doing this? Is Kira going to kill me for going behind Hajime's back?

"You do realise I consider cheating evil, it's unfaithful." He replies. I nod again.

"Uh- H-Hajime... h-he's..." I stutter. I look down at my lap in shame. I'm about to sell him out to Kira. I take a deep breath and squeeze my eyes shut. I can't cry. I'm stronger than this. I take hold of the sleeve of my cardigan nervously. I begin to pull the sleeve down to reveal my bare shoulder. I don't have to look, I already know that there's a deep purple bruise there. After a few slow seconds, I pull the cardigan back so it covers the bruise once more. I take another deep breath before looking up to see anger and shock crossing Light's face. The expression vanishes quickly. "H-he's abusive." I mutter quietly. I look back down at my lap and clench my hands into fists.

"He hits you?" Light asks after a few moments. I nod, not looking up to meet his eyes.

"Very rarely. He normally shouts at me and calls me names. H-he doesn't let me leave the house. I-I'm not allowed to go on the internet either. H-he's scared I'll tell you about what he does." I mumble quietly. I quickly glance up to see Light watching me carefully.

"How long has this been going on for?" He asks.

"Since I turned nineteen." I say quietly. "C-can we change the subject?" I ask timidly. I look up at Light hesitantly.

"Why did you apply?" He asks, changing the subject swiftly.

"I saw it as an opportunity to get away from Hajime." I say honestly. "He wouldn't object to Kira's wishes."

"Really?"

I nod in reply. Light lifts his head from his clasped hands and leans back in his chair. "I don't know if it's because he doesn't want to be killed or he really admires Kira."

"You speak of Kira like he's not here." Light comments and my eyes widen. My cheeks redden.

"Sorry! I never thought I'd ever meet Kira. It still hasn't sunk in." I say quickly. I bow my head forward apologetically.

Light laughs quietly to himself. "That's understandable."

***

2nd April 2011

My phone rings and I answer it immediately. "Hello, Chiharu Kurosawa speaking." I say quickly.

"Hello, it's Light Yagami. Would you like to move in with me? You can decline if you want."

I grip my phone tightly, worried I might drop it out of shock. "Y-yeah."

"Great. I'll send someone to collect you and your things now."

The phone beeps and I flip it shut. Wow, that was a brief phone call. I have roughly half an hour to pack my things.

I slide my phone into my pocket and head to the bedroom. I grab my large suitcase and fill it with my clothes. I then grab a smaller bag and fill it with my toiletries from the bathroom.

Once the majority of my possessions are packed, I leave them by the front door and pray that Hajime doesn't leave work really early. If luck is on my side, he shouldn't be home for another three to four hours.

I pull out a spare notebook and pen and begin to scribble down a letter.

Hajime.

I'm leaving. I'm moving in with Kira. I've had enough.

I'm sorry, I hope you forgive me one day.

Haru.

It's short, but I hope it's enough. I tug the engagement ring off my finger and place it down onto the note. I look at the silver ring with a sad face. It's a beautiful ring, the centre of it holds a blue stone. It's so simple but that's what makes it beautiful.

There's a knock at the front door and I know it's one of Kira's drivers to take me to safety.

After years of waiting, I'm finally free.

A/N: The plot is finally moving forward :3 I'm so excited! I have everything planned out :3 I know I've done two Chiharu chapters in a row, this chapter was supposed to be part of the last chapter XD 

Next is Katsumi and I'm excited to introduce two new characters into the story :3 

I'll hopefully be updating tomorrow :D If not then I'll be back on the 6th June. 

- Alice