Chapter Sixteen Part One - Chiharu

A/N: I'm sorry this is late. My computer was updated and the update caused my computer to repeatedly show the blue screen of death (thanks Microsoft), so I spent Friday, Sunday and Monday fixing my computer. I ended up taking Windows 10 off and went back to Windows 7. I still need to sort my files out D: I'm currently using my boyfriend's old laptop (he's so nice XD). I would have updated yesterday, but all the stress from my computer crashing made me feel ill D: I'm better now though :D so here's a new chapter :3 

"I'm pregnant." The words fall out of my mouth quickly. It's too late to take them back. Why am I telling him anyway?

Light told me to. He said I'd be safer if Katsumi was aware of my situation.

23rd June 2011

I pick up food with my chopsticks before placing it back down. I let out a sigh. Now's the best time to tell him, he does deserve to know after all.

"Is there something you want to say?" Light says smoothly. My eyes flicker up and look into his. My heart beat flutters and I nod quickly.

"Don't be mad, but earlier I went to the chemist on my own, Katsumi wasn't due to be here for a while, and I needed a test desperately." My rambling dies off and I sigh again. I need to get straight to the point. "Uh... I'm not ill or anything. It's just... I'm just... uh..." I stammer. I take a deep breath. Why can't I say it? "I-I'm pregnant." I choke out finally after several seconds.

Light's eyes widen momentarily. Is he shocked? I mentally slap myself. Of course. Who could have planned this? I certainly didn't.

"What a surprise. I'm very happy." He says. He flashes a smile which I return happily.

3rd July 2011

Katsumi's eyes widen as the words sink in slowly. He looks shocked and slightly horrified.

He slowly zips his bag back up, his hands empty. Why did he reach in there in the first place?

He's silent and doesn't say anything.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, not really knowing what to do with the current situation.

He nods. "I'm just a little surprised, that's all. I never expected that."

"I didn't expect it either." I say and giggle a little. Nothing more is said, and I go back to eating. I assume that Katsumi is still shocked by the news.

I look over at Katsumi and his face shows hints of rage, I must be seeing things, right? Why would he be angry? Maybe he forgot something?

"Is everything okay?" I ask after debating what to say for a few minutes. His head snaps up and he looks straight at me. He nods.

"Yes, why wouldn't everything be okay?" He replies. His voice has tones of an emotion I can't quite identify, since it's masked by falseness. Strange.

I nod. "Maybe we should head back soon. I'm quite tired, I didn't sleep well last night." He nods in reply and begins packing his food up, most of which is uneaten. I put all my rubbish into a bag and hold it until I find a bin.

***

"Did you tell Katsumi?" Light asks that evening. I nod quickly and swallow the food in my mouth.

"Of course." I reply obediently. A small grin flashes across Light's face before disappearing like it was never there before.

"How did he take it?" I shrug.

"Uh... I don't really know. I think it caught him off guard. He didn't quite know how to react to the news."

"Is that so?"

After dinner finishes, I wash all the dishes before heading to the living room to watch TV. Once again, Light has disappeared to work.

A/N: I'll post part two next week. Sorry this is short, but I was stuck on what to write for Chiharu, she's so difficult to write for because she literally does nothing all day, but she's too important to leave her POVs out. 

What are your thoughts on this chapter (even though barely anything happened)? 

Comment and vote please :D 

My other fanfiction, Life Note, is about to hit 100K reads :D I'm shocked XD this has over 2K reads (thank you so much!). It makes me feel happy that people still read Life Note even after I finished writing it, I thought it would die and be buried underneath new fanfiction that's being posted. 

-Alice